Integrated Circuit Printer Update / TG Station Port

LanceLynxx

Self exaplanatory!

I went on a little stroll over at /tg/ and they have a bunch of cool circuit parts, which could add SO MUCH to the current invention possibilities. More gadgets, more assembly types, more useful machines to be built!

I'd also recommend including the cloning and memory disk systems, which would make circuit design saving and recreation a breeze.

And while on the topic, maybe create a higher capacity device-type power cell from the protolathe. Or accept normal power cells (heavy duty, hi capacity, super, hyper, etc.) Current ones hold a very small charge.

Furthermore, enable assemblies to be wrenched to the ground so they can't be picked up. Perhaps allow a Multitool to be used to wire and write values instead of using the wirer and debugger. Include the circuit analyzer for cloning functions and assembly detailer for extra beauty

So this is pretty much it really!

Huge, huge +1 to this.

I am an incredible fan of Integrated electronics, and giving more power to science to mess around with this will allow for more cool inventions. Honestly, the only thing I'd want for is a port - anything else would be extra that I don't expect.

I know that there's a couple things on /tg/ that won't be portable (Like the VOX Voice module), but I'd at least like to see the extra manipulation/smart/Inputs/Outputs, and stuff like the string/data-type converters, and flip flops.

I think bay is also working on a port of these new circuits too, but their use of brainmed might mean that code might not be any easier to port than /tg/'s.

This mechanic is incredibly powerful - I think you could even make a Turing machine in SS13. I'd love to see the crazy shenanigans people can use with an expanded toolkit like this, and I'm sure it can also lead to great science-based antagging. Might want to nerf the thrower component though, if you're worried about it being used to gib people with glass - It's a little bit broken, but fun.

Giant +1, I love integrated circuits, even though I'm trash at them, I still find them fascinating and fun to mess around with. I'm always on board for expanding them.

Though, on that mention of multitools, you already can use them to do those things I'm pretty sure. Engineering has a circuit kit in storage and I've made plenty of things with just a multitool instead of a wirer and debugger before.

Good luck finding someone to port it. It's been suggested a lot and contributors can't be bothered to port it. No one likes doing ports like that especially with such a system.

This is the reason this forum exists. To post suggestions that someone may or may not take.

Don't derail the thread.

• 1 month later...

+1, kinda sad but my whole character on this server revolves around circuitry cause I’m not really interested in most other aspects and I kinda enjoy being able to call myself an inventor. Anyways I’ve kinda reached the peak of circuitry opportunities from this servers circuitry and would love an update to add more possibilities I can work with to help the station and it’s crew with my toys.

• Gem locked this topic