E-maggable Thermal Drills

Trazz666

It's real simple, give thermal drills the ability to be e-mag'd by a traitor. When e-mag'd, the thermal drill does the same damage it used to pre-nerf, or at least close to it. Possibly even violently sparking during the charging period, perhaps even an alert message about the drill shaking as it charges. The in-universe explanation is the e-mag disables the drills safeties.

"But Daddy Trazz!" I hear you call out in fear and arousal, "Combat is scary and I have concerns about balance uwu." Fear not, my sweet summer child, let me explain. The thermal drill, as it stands right now, is expensive to buy and limited to mining/cargo, meaning it won't become a widespread tool of destruction. It's also huge, meaning you can't be snuck up and ganked with it (unless maybe it was put in a hardsuit).

I feel adding this in will also grant the fringe benefits of allowing miner traitors to have a medium goal to work towards while they think of a gimmick. It also means that the station will still get some materials, instead of grinding to a halt because of a traitor miner.

• Gem locked this topic