Dishwasher and Dishwashing Soap

Fortport

I feel like we need dishes that actually get dirty and need to be washed. Wiping your plates down with a rag and so on just doesn't cut it, and the bartender/chef don't really have chores anyway. It's another minigame to their job that I feel would be welcome and not only believable, but could theoretically be used to traitor. More on that in the last paragraph, and it's optional.

Once glasses have been sipped from a few times, give them an appropriately unappealing description and sprite. Plates that have their meals consumed and are empty could be renamed to dirty dishes with a change from "this is rubbish" to "this needs to be washed."

Give the kitchen and bar a dishwasher and also the ability to stack dirty dishes in a sink before washing them with soap and a sponge. Sponges become filthy after a few loads, and it would require you to manually sit a moment whereas the dishwasher is automatic and comparable with the time of a microwave.

The dishwasher requires equipment electricity, also. Give them a few sponges and detergent tabs. Once those run out of those, they can get more from cargo or something. Poisoning would be balanced with simple division. More glasses means a weaker end result per dish. You also must still have a detergent tab to also insert into the dishwasher, on top of whatever you mix in. The cups still have to be clean, after all. Only an invisible coating will be applied.

How the coating is traced back is open to discussion. It's just an idea for traitoring.

yeah dude

more useless shit, please

can't get enough of it lately with pens making click noises and all

can we also get clothes' hangers or drying machines?

I don't think you're serious. Why did you bother commenting? It's not useless. Do you think it's good that we literally throw perfectly good plates and so on down disposals?

I play space station 13 to avoid doing dishes irl. I kinda feel like this is just a bland ribbon mechanic, meant to add wasted time to certain jobs. If the bartender wants to role-play the classic bartender wiping down glasses, they have the rag. If the chef wants to rp cleaning dishes, they can pretend plates into existence and rp washing them.

yeah dude

more useless shit, please

can't get enough of it lately with pens making click noises and all

can we also get clothes' hangers or drying machines?

"roleplay mechanics are useless!" yeah lol that's why they're roleplay mechanics.

they help build immersion, and make you feel like you're on an actual station, rather than just fucking around and waiting for a wizard to kick in the back door and turn your friend into a statue

add it. if someone can't be fucked using the dishwasher, you can literally throw most plates and stuff back into the machines or into the backroom and you'll be hunky-dory.

a little more immersion never hurts.

• Gem locked this topic