[1 Dismissal] Borgs being able to detonate themselves through control console.

Capesh

So. It came to my... attention, that a borg can not lock themselves down through a control console, but that they CAN detonate themselves.

To avoid any continued mishaps that have and might continue to arise through a borg's ability to self-detonate, I suggest that ability to be 'access denied' - just like self-lockdown is, as should be.

It's a small thing, and I'm pretty sure not many borg players decide to think "Hey wonder if I can self-detonate through this robotics control console?" and go through with it... but it might happen. And that's an issue right there.

So.

Yeah.

Thoughts?

/O.R.B.

Seconded, it seems like a bad thing to allow - considering the potential for griefing and also because Cyborgs are only meant to have AI access privileges, rather than Command privileges. AFAIK the AI can't detonate its own borgs either, unless Malf?

Anyone can detonate a non-hacked borg.

Being able to self-destruct really shouldnt be a thing as you're lawed to preserve yourself.

• 3 months later...

The laws of the borgs can be changed, allowing them to self-destruct.

Therefore I am voting for dismissal.

People who intentionally (and repeatedly) use the self-destruct option on the console as borg should be punished according to our rules.

And if its done because they want to see if it works, well. Curiosity killed the cat

• Gem locked this topic