Allow Fire Extinguishers to be Refilled at Tanks

SleepyWolf

Currently, the 'cartridges' are only found in atmos and orderable from cargo. The fire extinguishers at the moment are great, except for the single mechanic of having to use the cartridges to refill them.

A good way to fix the LACK of cartridges is to have them be connected to the fire extinguisher tank.

ACTUALLY now that I think of it it's not the mechanic that's bad, it's just the lack of these cartridges being anywhere. So, connecting them to the foam tanks is a great idea.

The only reason why this is a thing in the first place is because the devs requested that extinguishers require a restriction that makes it so that not everyone can fill an extinguisher. I personally hate this limitation too, and would very much like the whole extinguisher cartridge system to be scrapped.

why was this even a thing in the first place? thats so intensely arbitrary and stupid.

I'm assuming that the ideology somehow is related to balance, which is why a lot of stupid arbitrary things exist in games that make things more complicated than they need to be.

I'm not really certain why fire extinguishers needed to be balanced though. Is putting out fires effectively and efficiently power gaming?

i mean fires are weak as is, but nerfing the usefulness of fire extinguishers won't make fire strong again

I'm swoocing in from the sidelines to say that fires aren't a problem and in my time playing engineer I've never had to deal with a single one, and thus they've never been a problem.

The big problem is this absolutely ridiculous new slime meta where you can unleash a hoard of slimes onto the station / a department and since fire extinguishers have been gutted they basically just have to locker/disposals them and hope for the best. I've seen the tactic used at least four times and likely more since the fire extinguishers were given this useless update.

i mean fires are weak as is, but nerfing the usefulness of fire extinguishers won't make fire strong again

I'm swoocing in from the sidelines to say that fires aren't a problem and in my time playing engineer I've never had to deal with a single one, and thus they've never been a problem.

The big problem is this absolutely ridiculous new slime meta where you can unleash a hoard of slimes onto the station / a department and since fire extinguishers have been gutted they basically just have to locker/disposals them and hope for the best. I've seen the tactic used at least four times and likely more since the fire extinguishers were given this useless update.

Players need to adapt to the meta now. If you have a slime outbreak go straight to chemistry or cargo and get yourself some spray bottles filled with space cleaner.

• Gem locked this topic