Raise Cargo Technician Slots By One

I can do this myself no worries about code (hopefully.)

As in the title, really. There's three lockers, three tablets, three export scanners, thus, there should be three techies. Especially to undertake the task of sorting the warehouse (and looting maint for stray crates and valuables)

I hope this thread goes on for seven pages.

as much as i support this, i also want this to go for seven pages, so i'm going to argue against it:

1. this will completely break raiders. they now have 3 people to fight if they take cargo.

2. this will make ling round way too hectic. i already can't tell two cargo techs apart.

3. this will put way too much strain on medical. 3 disposals jumpers to patch up???

4. this will effectively make qm's useless as now they can be outrobusted by six arms

5. this will kill the hop position

6. this will make engine setup nearly impossible because of the extra power load on the department

7. the spare locker and gear is intended to be a spare, because a cargo tech will always cryo with all of their gear

• 1 month later...

I don't play cargo tech, but quartermaster from time to time. I find the Cargo Bay sometimes doesn't have much workload to justify 2 techs plus the QM. Is this not the case? Will adding a new tech not make it even less busy (with already low workload) for those existing slots?

There's plenty to do if you put your mind to it. Collecting stuff from maint. Negotiating deals with the Merchant. Finding bounties above all else. Sorting the warehouse at a faster rate. Not to mention increased amounts of roleplay. As a cargo main, and as someone who has pestered other cargo mains about it, we've got plenty to do. It's just that with two cargo techs and a desk role there's not much manpower to do a lot.

There’s not a lot to do as a chaplain, either, but people do it for the RP. Cargo is a lot of fun, people want to play it and the slots fill up pretty quickly. It’s not that they enjoy stocking the warehouse and delivering packages in little booty shorts, it’s that it’s a low stress job with a lot of room for rp. I support adding another slot.

• Gem locked this topic