AI Hologram Customization/Options expansion

Doxxmedearly

Currently, there are a few options for AI appearances at holopads: Default, Carp, Face, and a crewmember. Personally, I think it's kinda weird that to get a humanoid appearance outside of the default, you need to copy a crewmember's look.

My suggestion is that the "default" AI hologram option gets changed to the character you make in "character setup." This way you can see more varied AI holograms, and gives AI players the ability to set up an appearance befitting of their AI's personality, without having to copy a crewmember's look and weirding them out. (If this is a thing already that I have missed, I'm sorry, and ignore this).

Another idea would be to just give us more options for looks besides "Fish" and "Face," such as stationbound sprites, sprites not using in game (Outside of events or staff of change shenanigans), spiders, monkeys...

Basically, I'd like to see more variety in holopad appearances for AIs. I'm not sure how difficult this would be, code-wise, or if it requires entirely new sprites. Thoughts?

Edited by Guest
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh! 

I admit, by now Arlo’s hologram gimmick is forcing the HoS to wear the HoS voidsuit for a few seconds so Arlo can look fancy when he talks to crew. If that doesn’t work, any voidsuit. 

New AI-only hologram sprites would be very much loved.

But on the other hand I’m doing an AI core room redo good meme me.

Bottom line: I either see naked Cortana ripoffs or big SpaceFish; variety and uniqueness for AI players is hard to come by because of selection restriction outside of custom holograms - which doesn’t work regardless. So this would be a welcome addition yes. (Also I saw that B.B. cube reference nice one).

+1

Edited by Capesh
  • Gem locked this topic