Alchemy Sets For Wizards

Kaed

Thinking of spriting and adding a couple of wizard items available to (any?) wizard spellbook for their spell slot purchasing power. I'm thinking 1-2 spell slots, depending on the spellbook you buy it from, and consists of a special belt that contains six bottles of Magical Liquids. This is the rough draft of the two variants:

Beginner's Alchemy Belt: Azoth, liquid light,, shapesand, unstable black matter, Sovereign Glue, universal solvent

Battle Alchemist Belt: Liquid Fire , love potion, Bottled Lightning, Azoth, Unstable Black Matter, Undead Ichor

How do you all feel about these? I'm on the fence whether to make these bottles have a low capacity and slowly refill themselves, or be single use only but have a lot in them, or some combination of the two.

can we get details on what each one does?

Also will they function like splash grenades or just normal bottles?

Ah, sorry. I think it will depend on the chemical in question. All of the chemicals will come in special bottles (which are just wizardy children of normal bottles), but some of them have to be injested, while others can be breathed... I think the basic set might include some sorta wizard spray bottle, or at least a free bottle you can mix things in and pour them on stuff. The battle set may include a box of.. er... wizard grenades you can fill with a liquid you want before throwing it.

As for what they do:

Azoth - (supposed to be) a powerful healing liquid (though my last test of it indicated it did about jack shit, presumably it will be fixed at some point)

Liquid light - A liquid that gives off light.

Shapesand - Can be used to create useless duplicates of objects, I think they crumble to sand when you try to use them

Unstable black matter - Make a wormhole, is basically blink in a bottle

Sovereign glue - Put it on an item, and it can't be taken off once it is worn or picked up. Similar to the old horsehead mask, but for anything.

Universal solvent - Fixes sovereign glue nonsense.

Liquid fire - ... Sets things on fire

Love Potion - Did you know there's a love trauma in the game and it can kill you if the person you fall in love with isn't around you all the time?

Bottled lightning - Apparently, makes a tiny tesla ball

Undead ichor - apparently a poison for living creatures, healing juice for undead.

All of these are hidden chemicals.

That's the idea. But having bottles of these chemicals does not tell you how they are made.

• Gem locked this topic