The ability to tear off Vaurca Mandibles

Zundy

Basically the ability to grab a Vacs mandibles by aiming for the mouth with a grab and then an "aggressive grab/whatever works" to try and tear them apart. This is a counter (sort of) to the fact vacs can klickty klack your limbs easily.

Picture in your mind's eye Valiant McUnathi wrestling with Doofuz McAnt, fending off bone snapping klacks before grabbing and yaaaaaaaahhhh forcing those chompers off. Patrician combat roleplay.

I'd personally like to see this be a unathi and general antag only ability due to the strength of Unathi and the application of antags but I'm easy with it being available to all. Thoughts?

Maybe if you keep the idea of G2s(?)/Unathi/Antags being able to do it, but others who attempt it have a chance to have their hands bitten if the Vaurca resists? Not sure if that helps deal with the point of Vaurca bites being really strong, though, perhaps just a weaker bite rather than a full-on one. Otherwise, I think this is a pretty good idea given that Vaurca bites can do some serious damage with a blue-grab. +1

I don't see why antags in general would be immune to such a thing, that's a little idiotic imo.

IE: Human grabs Vaurca, rips off mandibles without force gloves freely as an antagonist.

Human does so to a Traitor Vaurca in the next round, gets hand bitten off.

Where's muh continuity via mechanics?

--

Anyway, this would be an interesting thing as a Unathi/G2 and I'd be all for it, tbqh. +1

I don't see why antags in general would be immune to such a thing, that's a little idiotic imo.

IE: Human grabs Vaurca, rips off mandibles without force gloves freely as an antagonist.

Human does so to a Traitor Vaurca in the next round, gets hand bitten off.

Where's muh continuity via mechanics?

--

Anyway, this would be an interesting thing as a Unathi/G2 and I'd be all for it, tbqh. +1

As in antags of any species would have the ability to rip them off alongside unathi/G2. They wouldn't be immune.

Yes, I realize. Which is giving antags an advantage without using gear, which isn't really cool from my perspective.

My issue with it is moreso 'I as a non-antagonist am not able to do this, but without any further assistance I can do so as an antagonist.' It makes no sense to me. It's not like self-defense rules where you can freely kill as an antagonist, this is a mechanic that's giving a clear advantage to them without any TC cost (Unless, you're proposing to add a new item to the Traitor Menu to do this. In which case I rescind my statement)

Hey that's fair enough. Imo antags shouldn't be effected by many things such as hunger and what not as they're there to drive a story. They don't need to be balanced against the crew as it isn't a team death match. However that's just my opinion and I appreciate it's contentious.

Butters idea sounds great though.

• Gem locked this topic