Give paramedics/EMTs basic department access

Doxxmedearly

What it says on the tin. Basically the same as janitor access, minus the janitor's closet.

I see people wondering ICly and OOCly about why janitors have more access than paramedics. Obviously janitors should have an easier time doing their jobs. It makes sense. Emergency medical responders should have the same ease, given the time-sensitive, life-or-death nature of their work.

It would also make it easier for them to get into the brig area for prisoner treatment.

Ideally I'd like to see the following access: Security (Main area/hall), Engineering break room, Cargo (iffy due to the warehouse, but also so many miners get hurt!), Science (Just the hallway/maybe through to the elevator).

This gives them a bit more freedom of access, cutting down response times, without giving them access to sensitive areas or places where they can disrupt work. Crew and/or AI will still have to let them into some areas, but I feel like giving them a bit more freedom would make sense ICly. After all, these are dangerous jobs, enough that we staff medical departments and have on-staff surgeons.

Thoughts?

+1

It makes no sense to have a janitor without enough access to actually clean the place.

On the opposite side, this would make the Janitor a prime target for any hostile forces, but that'd also be a good RP point.

Edit: Yeah, I'm an idiot. Gave the +1 but had another post in mind.

I agree witht hat Paramedics and EMT need basic access. They can't wait around for someone to open up, or hope that there's a benevolent AI ready to open doors for them.

If there's an emergency then they need to be able to open stuff on their own.

Edited by Guest

+1

It makes no sense to have a janitor without enough access to actually clean the place.

On the opposite side, this would make the Janitor a prime target for any hostile forces, but that'd also be a good RP point.

I think I may have worded it in a confusing way.

Janitors have basic access already. This suggestion is to give Emergency Medical Response staff similar access levels. I only used janitors as a comparison.

+1

I think I may have worded it in a confusing way.

Janitors have basic access already. This suggestion is to give Emergency Medical Response staff similar access levels. I only used janitors as a comparison.

*facedesks* Yeah, wrote that early in the morning. An earlier suggestion post was about something similar and I mixed them up. Going to change my original post there.

+1. There is a way to not give EMTs cargo warehouse access, I think in fact that most heads besides the HOP don't have access to the warehouse but I could be wrong. Honestly as a janitor, if I'm not already preoccupied, I usually let medical into places. I feel like Security, Cargo, & Science (listed in terms of priority) should definitely be in the list of access added.

• Gem locked this topic