[1 Dismissal] Quicker cuffing when grabbed.

This scenario isn't super uncommon, but as sec, when you're between someone actively resisting arrest and completely complying, people move around to not be cuffed. You start cuffing, they move to the right. Try again, they move to the left. It's kind of annoying because it's not exactly resisting arrest. I was considering making a cheaper version of zip ties or plastic cuffs for security, but a better idea was suggested. When grabbing someone, the time to cuff is reduced. 2 or so seconds, probably, with a passive grab. Maybe 4 for aggressive?

-1. Being handcuffed and walked around takes away literally any ability to do anything as an antag. Which is okay! But I think making it even easier to be handcuffed would be problematic. Moving around to avoid cuffing (and stunning and all sorts of other stuff) is just part of combat.

Now if I don't comment it's going to feel like that I set you up for failure.

When I mean grabbed, I mean aggressive grab. Not pull with CTRL+Click but with aggressive grab. It just feels like a suggestion that makes sense and may encourage security players to perhaps play smarter and wiser.

Also to fix the issue where people can resist out of cuffs easily if you're doing a passive grab instead of a pull, which is silly.

It might be worth to reduce the time it takes to cuff someone if they are held with an aggressive grab by the time it normally takes to acquire that aggressive grab.

This wouldn't put antags at a disadvantage, as the cuffing player already had to invest the time to get the aggressive grab and would allow them a few more chances to escape if cuffing player chooses to go for a grab before cuffing them.

As long as the total time required to cuff someone isn't shorter with the new method I could see it being implemented.

But generally cuffing is fine as is and we do not need a way to cuff someone faster.

A slight note:

If you have a person that is moving around which you want to cuff:

Just grab them.

If they resist, it is resisting arrest.

Then you have the justification required to use your stun weapons to put them down and charge them with resisting.

(But make sure to announce the intention to detain them before doing so)

• Gem locked this topic