Custom Loadout Requests Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I asked for a custom item that was just a lot of money. I dunno if it should just be able to be selected by everyone or what because it can get a bit crazy, but, I wanted to make a rich visitor character who takes no role beyond visitor and I think it would be kinda fun to have a large amount of money for use in various RP situations.

Also, staring with a camera would be kinda cool, as a visitor.

• 4 weeks later...

There are no black surgical caps in the loadout.

In the past, gloves were 1 point each. They are 2 as it stands. Please make them 1 point. I am fairly certain some shoes are also 2 points. Outfits are FUN as a civilian, but they're massively limited when gloves + shoes end up taking 4 points away.

• 4 weeks later...
There are no black surgical caps in the loadout.

In the past, gloves were 1 point each. They are 2 as it stands. Please make them 1 point. I am fairly certain some shoes are also 2 points. Outfits are FUN as a civilian, but they're massively limited when gloves + shoes end up taking 4 points away.

Gloves affect balance. They hide your fingerprints makeing it harder for forensics. We don't need everyone having gloves by default.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was digging through chamkit suit appearances and I found the old Security Officer's Jacket which adds a dress coat, cord, and a blue tie to your jumpsuit's appearance that I think used to be available from a crate in the old map. As far as I'm aware, HoS and Warden have coat options for when they want to maintain a relatively dignified/fancy appearance, but the only oversuit options available to Officers is the armor and winter coat. We already have berets available, so it'd be nice to have a loadout option for coats as well for officers that like to take a more presentable appearance versus just walking around in body armor all the time and dressing tactical on Code Green.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about books? Picking one of the books that we have in the data library and maybe being able to choose their cover? Especially now that the library is glassed off and people can't get to the book printer.

As of a month ago, the windoor to the library was all access. So unless that's changed, anyone can still print books themselves.

That said, being able to spawn with books would be nice.

As of a month ago, the windoor to the library was all access. So unless that's changed, anyone can still print books themselves.

Oh, didn't know that. I never bothered to try the windoor because I assumed "why wouldn't it be access locked"?

If people can spawn with books, then the librarian becomes 100% worthless (instead of 99.9% worthless). This makes me sad.

You're very wrong, I'd think? Lets look at it this way. Aight, you spawned with a book. You now have one book out of all of the books in the database. What are you going to do? Read one every 2 - 4 hours until you complete them? Don't think so. That being said, lets compare methods of getting books.

1) You have a librarian. Congratulations! You can read anything and everything whenever you want.

2) You don't have a librarian. Congratulations! You can read anything and everything whenever you want because the windoor is not access locked.

3) You don't have a librarian, but have a book in your custom load out. Congratulations! You can read anything and everything whenever you want because the windoor is not access locked.

4) You do have a librarian and you have a book in your custom load out. Congratulations! You can read anything and everything whenever you want.

This being or not being in the load out ultimately changes nothing, other than letting you add more flavor to your character because your character is enough of a nerd loser virgin bookworm to bring their own copy. And if the windoor is decided to become access locked, alright, now if there's no librarian, you can at least read something rather than sit back and twiddle your thumbs until you see a unicorn. Or on the other hand, the windoor becomes access locked, there's no book in the loadout, and now the library database is functionally useless until someone decides to play librarian. You can argue it's the same issue as with the Bartender, but flasks didn't make the Bartender useless, and you see way more Bartenders than Librarians.

I see your points, and yes, currently everyone can access the windoor over the desk.

I can get on board with a completely random book being added to the loadout, in addition to one of a selection of 5-10 books including a bible. That would be interesting, especially the possibility of a random book.

I'm not quite sure you see my points too well if your suggestion's a random book. Not to mention a random book would be... Silly. Militant atheist character showed up to the station with a bible because...? My synthphobic Skrell just showed up to the station with a book written by Haruspex because...? Really, that all just sounds more like trying to throw in inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience. The flasks don't get spawned in with a random reagent, you have to choose it.

I see your points, and yes, currently everyone can access the windoor over the desk.

I can get on board with a completely random book being added to the loadout, in addition to one of a selection of 5-10 books including a bible. That would be interesting, especially the possibility of a random book.

I'm not quite sure you see my points too well if your suggestion's a random book. Not to mention a random book would be... Silly. Militant atheist character showed up to the station with a bible because...? My synthphobic Skrell just showed up to the station with a book written by Haruspex because...? Really, that all just sounds more like trying to throw in inconvenience for the sake of inconvenience. The flasks don't get spawned in with a random reagent, you have to choose it.

No, I saw your points that books could work without causing any new harm to the librarian, and offered my own spin on the idea.

It might be funny to see what RNGesus drops in your backpack each shift with a random book. Though, admittedly it would not be realistic to carry books you might have no reason to possibly want. As for the other alternative of having a selection of five or so books available, I don' t think it would be feasible to open up the entire library to the loadout just as there is a selection of foods available for the lunchbox, not every possible food. A "random" book could conceivably use the full library, however.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can select a "random" reagent for the flask. It might even be the default option. You can definitely fill the lunchbox with random food and drink.

• 3 weeks later...