Custom Loadout Requests Thread

Basically, a revival of this:

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=198

I will be taking up the responsibility of processing suggestions posted here, at Skull's permission, with the general guidelines as follows.

*Custom loadout items are not intended to void NT's dress code policy, meaning no requests for total uniform replacements will be accepted. (Ie, coming to work in blue jeans and a t-shirt.)

*It is understood that employees pass through a customs check before boarding the station, meaning no illegal items will be approved to be added to the customs loadout list (No drugs, weapons, or anything that security could consider, 'contraband' ICly.

*Custom items are not implemented to give your character a mechanical, 'edge,' or that they normally wouldn't have access to following standard operating capacity for your job title. (Such as sunglasses, which would make you immune to flashes, or any sort of body armor as a non-security role, or bringing a gun in your satchel whilst not being command staff that are entitled to a sidearm.)

*Think realistically. Imagine your character going to work each day with the item you're carrying, and having to bring it back home with them.

*If you have any questions concerning custom loadout items, and whether or not they are appropriate/doable, you may query Skull or myself on this thread, through forum PMs, or on the server.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tajara items. my god.

They already exist, but we need the Tajara electrical gloves/Unathi electrical gloves, plus (if any, I can't recall) any Taj suitable footwear. Some Catboots and more...suiting shoes would be pleasant.

Edit: Medical and Detective variants would be nice, obviously all under job clearing thingies.

Edited by Guest

Almost forgot!

I'll be tackling this in batches, as I do with all my coding work.

Once a week, I'll run through this thread, and compile a list of approved items, then make a post for that week detailing what's going to be added, and then what isn't.

Guest Menown
Tajara items. my god.

They already exist, but we need the Tajara electrical gloves/Unathi electrical gloves, plus (if any, I can't recall) any Taj suitable footwear. Some Catboots and more...suiting shoes would be pleasant.

Edit: Medical and Detective variants would be nice, obviously all under job clearing thingies.

Medical/Insulated glove are orderable from cargo. Detective Tajara/Unathi already spawn with gloves that fit their race.

Medical/Insulated glove are orderable from cargo. Detective Tajara/Unathi already spawn with gloves that fit their race.

Engineers generally need gloves from the first minute or so of the game. They don't really have time to go to cargo and order a set, then wait for 5-15 minutes (depending on how much of a jerk and how busy cargo is) for gloves. It's far easier to just mangle some in a locker and call it a day.

Engineers generally need gloves from the first minute or so of the game. They don't really have time to go to cargo and order a set, then wait for 5-15 minutes (depending on how much of a jerk and how busy cargo is) for gloves. It's far easier to just mangle some in a locker and call it a day.

You can already get these from electrical closets in engineering. And from tech storage. There are two sets in tech storage, and about 4-5 pairs per electrical closet.

You can already get these from electrical closets in engineering. And from tech storage. There are two sets in tech storage, and about 4-5 pairs per electrical closet.

I think you missed the point

Tajara items. my god.

Tajaran/Unathi gloves need to be ordered currently.

Approved item list as of 16MAR2015

-Cigarette packs (regular and dromedary.)

-Cheap lighters, in selectable colors

-Matchbooks

-Fingerless/mangled gloves for clawed species ( insulated/fiberless/medical variants excluded.

-Lipstick, in selectable colors

-Religious texts (Bible, Quran, S'rrendarr/Messa texts, etc)

They both fulfill the same purpose. Neither have one advantage over the other.

The thread is about what items would you like to see in the custom loadout that help with RP and character personalization.