Feedback thread for Map Updates

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intentionally removed. The morgue exists for a reason. Autopsies are done in the lab (by medical personal), not in security.

I personally don't really care, but if that's the case, why does the brig have its own morgue trays?

Those are going goodbye in the brig re-revision I'm working on. Assuming folks want it.

Alright. Now that we've had a pretty good amount of time on the new map, I want to bring up an issue that was brought up repeatedly before and got no traction because it was too soon to even consider doing anything about it:

The bridge is very vulnerable to nukeops in addition to being in a part of the station no one has any reason to go near most of the time. Even if there's someone there there is almost zero risk in approaching it, and by extension, the tools they need to blow the entire station level and everyone in it up.

The AI is hilariously, incredibly vulnerable to nukeops, but would be equally vulnerable to anybody capable of cooking up tank transfer bombs. Unlike the bridge there is ACTUALLY zero risk to blowing the AI up. Decent-sized tank transfer bombs placed behind the AI Chamber are sufficient to destroy most of it, and if the AI isn't killed outright, it provides trivial access either for theft, murder, or a follow-up bombing.

NukeOps choose to use this vulnerability very, very often. I have never seen this turn out badly for them, ever.

These issues become less pronounced if nukeops do not have default access to multiple tank transfer bombs.

http://aurorastation.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2549&p=27274#p27274 <-- This will be put into effect soon.

And regarding the bridge: aye, I've been mulling over this for about a week and more. And I have roughly two solutions to propose:

• Make bombs cost crystals for nuke ops
  • See about creating some sort of energy field around the AI core/bridge

Both should be interesting in their own right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright, so I appreciate all the work you've done for the map and all, but as a janitor, there is one thing that will forever bug me unless you fix it.

It's this:

f62fd377a0.png

These floor tiles CANNOT be cleaned. It bugs me to no end not being able to clean the entire station. These floor tiles are also present in engineering and so many other areas. What I don't want to happen is for them to be replaced with normal tiles, well, do do that. But also add a lot of dirt over it, like there is in the prison wing.

k thanks

love u bunches

-greekin