Gamemode-Terminator

Bygonehero

Gametype: Terminator

This gametype follows the popular idea of a machine uprising with the added mystery and paranoia of a changeling round. When the round first begins two players are selected as the terminator from the available pool of players. One of the players begins in an area akin to the wizard starting area, A futuristic prep area where the Bad terminator may select various gear, akin to the telecrystals a traitor would get. The terminator can select from the following:

Bioliquid Metal Compound: Allows them the transform ability and giving them the ability to mimic anyone they have scanned.As well as providing them the ability to change their arms into arm blades.

Internal Compartment: Allows the terminator to store objects inside themselves this is also the only way physical objects can be brought to the past (i.e the station)

Electromagnetic shielding: Increasing the EMP resistant variable by an as of yet unspecified amount.

Personal Shielding: Negates all damage in exchange for taking the resulting damage in power drain.

Radioactive Isotope Dual Power Cells: Increases electrical charge capacity for the terminator to its highest possible amount while also adding a redundant second cell at the highest possible amount.

Both cells can be removed and ejected and will explode shortly after being ejected.

Hack Spike- Can hack any machine by mere insertion of this Hack-Spike.

Including all of this the terminator has the same powers as a cyborg and is able to interface with any electrical device. Unlike a cyborg it looks and can function just like a human player. It can repair itself with the right tools.

Good Terminator laws

-----------------------------------------------------

1.Protect The Future Leader, X at all costs.

2.Prevent future technology from being recovered.

3. Kill the Creator.(Scientist/Roboticist/ResearchDirector/Captain/AI..one of these)

Bad Terminator laws

---------------------------

1. Kill The Future Leader, X at all costs.

2. Protect the Creator.

The Good terminator will start as one of the crew, having infiltrated before the Bad one but will have no upgrade options. The Bad terminator has access to a set amount of upgrades and future weapons if they take an upgrade that allows them to take them back to the past. I've also thought about making it ambiguous about who the Future Leader might be. For example.

Let's say S.A.M. is the Future leader. If I used my ideas I would give each terminator a description of S.A.M...not his name though. His job,hair color,sex, species,blood type. It will be up to the terminators to expand on the details they are given.

Additionally, the future Leader will be a Rev-head or a Renegade, starting to build up their resistance movement.

We can also use the Hunter-killers for this mode, if it's desirable to use existing code instead of making new things.

0fpu6bkw9fh7szbzg.jpg

Edited by Guest

I'm really into this idea as an antagonist type, but I'm not sure a whole game mode with one good terminator and one bad terminator would be fun for the whole crew (just like ninja and wizard often aren't very satisfying), unless there were only around 20 players or so. A larger crew needs a few more antags, as evidenced by the station's recent preference for mixed secret over secret.

Maybe terminators could somehow involve other synthetics/the AI? Maybe the Future Leaders and creators are given some kind of objective or tools or status that involves more crew?

Terminator as antag type is my favorite idea I've seen in a long time, but I'm having trouble imagining it as a whole gamemode with a crew of 30+ without about 22 people just being bystanders (Future Leader/Creator, 2 terminators, and 5 or so security potentially involved).

I'm really into this idea as an antagonist type, but I'm not sure a whole game mode with one good terminator and one bad terminator would be fun for the whole crew (just like ninja and wizard often aren't very satisfying), unless there were only around 20 players or so. A larger crew needs a few more antags, as evidenced by the station's recent preference for mixed secret over secret.

Maybe terminators could somehow involve other synthetics/the AI? Maybe the Future Leaders and creators are given some kind of objective or tools or status that involves more crew?

Terminator as antag type is my favorite idea I've seen in a long time, but I'm having trouble imagining it as a whole gamemode with a crew of 30+ without about 22 people just being bystanders (Future Leader/Creator, 2 terminators, and 5 or so security potentially involved).

The idea is that the Future Leader could be anyone and its up to the terminators to expand upon the clues they are given to determine the identity of the Future Leader. You could make the Future Leader spawn as a Rev or a Renegade which are pseudo-antags, giving them more leeway. You could also make the creator spawn with CC instructions from central about their soon-to-be creation such as:

"Nanotrasen has hit an important research milestone with Creator, ensure that their work continues."

This encourages command to work with the Creator, putting them at odds with the 'Good' terminator and possibly the Future Leader. It also creates interesting dilemmas with command in that they must balance the apparent threat of a killer robot from the future with station directives, making wide-ranging conflict.

The idea is that the Future Leader could be anyone and its up to the terminators to expand upon the clues they are given to determine the identity of the Future Leader. You could make the Future Leader spawn as a Rev or a Renegade which are pseudo-antags, giving them more leeway. You could also make the creator spawn with CC instructions from central about their soon-to-be creation such as:

"Nanotrasen has hit an important research milestone with Creator, ensure that their work continues."

This encourages command to work with the Creator, putting them at odds with the 'Good' terminator and possibly the Future Leader. It also creates interesting dilemmas with command in that they must balance the apparent threat of a killer robot from the future with station directives, making wide-ranging conflict.

Ooh, future leader as antag of some sort is pretty juicy, I like this even more... I like both Rev and Renegade ideas, Rev because he's building the future resistance or something, Renegade because he has some kind of cool objective.

Seriously tho, best idea in a while, any way that it would be implemented, I bet, would pretty much be awesome and very fitting with SS13, IMO.

• 1 month later...

Hack Spike- Can hack any machine by mere insertion of this Hack-Spike.

Including all of this the terminator has the same powers as a cyborg and is able to interface with any electrical device. Unlike a cyborg it looks and can function just like a human player. It can repair itself with the right tools.

Then what is the point of the Hack-Spike? you should have him unable to interface with a electronic device unless he inserts the spike. Otherwise he would just be OP, maybe make him easy to be hacked by a roboticist and be able to be shut down or change laws.

I think this is a really good idea, but as many people have said interfacing with electrical equipment on the station could be a bit overpowered and would definitely make it a lot harder to hide/run from the terminator, also, how would the terminators be able to infiltrate the staff? In the terminator series, teleporters require the person to be completely naked, so I think it would be very very hard for the terminators to silently slip into the crew as they'd be naked, and would lack an Identification card, immediately making the terminators stand out from the rest of the crew just the same way Wizard and Ninja does, though I really do support this idea. I just feel that it would be way too challenging for the Terminators, but your aim may not even be to infiltrate the station, it really depends on how you're viewing it. If there was some sort of system that the terminators could infiltrate the station without alarming anyone, then it would truly be like paranoia, as you said it would be similar to. Another suggestion would be to perhaps include a large bunch of the crew, for example, the future leader/leaders could have a few unknown supporters, which would most likely see the death of their friend a martyr for their cause, and would take up their work, including more people that need to be protected/killed. Apart from these minor details, I think this is a really good idea for a game mode and would enjoy playing it. (One last suggestion, if people attempt to interfere with the terminator's assassination/protection they are seen as a threat and could possibly be included in to the gamemode, it's up to you how they would be included perhaps)

I'm all for sci-fi crossover roundtypes since this is like Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9, diversity is the spice of life and he who controls the spice controls the universe! Terminator is a great one, could be to assassinate a Future Leader or like a silicon rev/malf/machine uprising, it all sounds more fun than just lings (a The Thing crossover) and vamps (Twilight crossover?).

Bring on them Toasters! +1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I enjoy the idea, but I'm not 100% sure about it because I would like to preserve the horror and shock value behind the hunter-killer. I would not be against this gamemode, but I'd be sad to see the HK used so often where it loses its value as a terrifying special antagonist.

Looks pretty cool and seems to have no issue with balance. The only problem for me is that it's not that flexible of a gimmick. A traitor for example can be anyone fro biesel intel officer to syndie. Terminator on the other hand is pretty much only terminator with "save/destroy Sarah Connor". WIth slightly more leeway gimmick-wise it's could become a pretty good gamemode

Looks pretty cool and seems to have no issue with balance. The only problem for me is that it's not that flexible of a gimmick. A traitor for example can be anyone fro biesel intel officer to syndie. Terminator on the other hand is pretty much only terminator with "save/destroy Sarah Connor". WIth slightly more leeway gimmick-wise it's could become a pretty good gamemode

Considering some traitor gimmics, this would be a definite step up.

It's like Antag+Ninja but forcing the Ninja to actually do something.

+1 from me.

• 2 weeks later...

Add this please. I love this so much. ++++++1. the entire idea is just amazing.

Additionally, an HK could be utilized as an optional set for the terminator. Instead of being stealthy, it joins in loud. The drawback is that you've got the entire station against you right off the bat, and it'll be far harder to find the leader (Think: Wizard classes).

• Gem locked this topic