[+1 dismissal]CHAOS - Mixed Secret on coke

ajstorey456

Mixed secret is supposed to be exciting, have variety, and make every round more interesting than the last. That's the reason it's picked the most. Though, very often, its just wizcult or malfling 4 or 5 times in a row followed by 17 hours of extended.

I suggest a bold new standalone gamemode, CHAOS, which doesn't fall under mixed secret.

It'd be 2 (maybe 3) completely random antag choices. Each roll for roles is done separately so that you can have new combinations, like wizard revolution, autotraitor cult, malf ninja, whacky shit like that where the types of interaction haven't been explored.

The option would be after mixed secret in the menu, probably requiring a lot of people in lobby ready at a time for huge games like heist rev (I think that would take like 25?) And most importantly to all the action thirsty monsters who just want to be excited, no chance of extended.

This game mode would be cool to see on Fridays and Saturdays when the server is plenty full of people, and we wouldn't even see it take over aurora, due to the huge amount of players required to play the thing.

It's an off the top of my head idea that I typed on my phone, but I think it can be loads of fun and a good shake up to the usual routine of paranoia and extended soup that we have now. What do y'all think?

While I understand and agree that RP can come from all kinds of things, I really think that a gamemode like this is the absolute last thing we need right now. A chaotic round every now and then can be fun, but when there's an abundance of rounds that lack any meaningful interaction, replaced by "lmao im click boye until he red and deathgasp ok" faith can kinda dwindle. Mixed secret can be grating enough as-is, and this would just be amplifying that, so, I'm against this idea.

While I understand and agree that RP can come from all kinds of things, I really think that a gamemode like this is the absolute last thing we need right now. A chaotic round every now and then can be fun, but when there's an abundance of rounds that lack any meaningful interaction, replaced by "lmao im click boye until he red and deathgasp ok" faith can kinda dwindle. Mixed secret can be grating enough as-is, and this would just be amplifying that, so, I'm against this idea.

Pretty much exactly this. Our population has been pretty high recently, and with that comes a lot of chaotic rounds. I feel like encouraging that chaos would make us more in the style of a CM or lower-RP server focused on gameplay instead of stories. A little ultraviolence and disaster is fine, but too much of it both ruins its novelty and starts to block calmer/more player-driven character development on the server.

The idea wasnt literally chaos, maybe this was a bad idea. I was just thinking about antagonists that would never interact interacting. The most actually chaotic of the bunch would involve auto traitor and something else, but when I was thinking, I was thinking more about how cool it would be for a cult and a revolutionary to interact, whether they'd become a third party threat or would ally with either side or something. Or a wizard's influence battling changelings or malf ai, you know, mismatch combinations that would make unique interactions. There's probably a better way to go about making this a gamemode, but that was my idea, not just gameplay mechanics toolbox vs head.

Yes, let us further implement more features that promote our descent to a lower RP level server. I'm utterly ecstatic to the idea of every round devolving into pointless murder and confusion with little to no narrative being executed.

The *snap/*slap/*vomit isn't helping things either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...