Countersuggestion for 'Odin Job'

Azande

Add a simple mob CCIA Intern or Security Cadet that says random pieces of text every now and then such as:

"Enjoy your shift!"

"Glory to NanoTrasen!"

"Work hard and work well!"

"Enjoy your flight!"

This would make the desk look like it has a purpose.

Basically, a mob that is immortal and just sits there randomly talking every now and then, or when someone comes into their view.

This thread has kind of gone in a dumb direction (and I kind of feel like suggesting we add a honking clown in is derailing it, too), but I'm not sure there's a whole lot of merit in the original idea anyway. I don't think anything is added to the game by having a mindless 'invulnerable' mob spout greetings at you in a place where you only spawn for the purpose of getting dressed and going to the station.

The entire Odin section is nothing but filler time anyway, to give some sort of plausible reason why you got to the station other than just appearing on the arrivals shuttle. I've explored the starting area of the Odin exactly once, and then I just moved on auto-pilot to the shuttle every time afterwards. You add this mob, and people will pay attention to it once or twice, then completely ignore its existence as part of the scenery.

• 2 weeks later...

When the NPC dies it turns into a NT logo

Ideally you'd just give it a BST that would extend from it's groin

Do not derail the thread

Does making stupid and nonsensical suggestions count is derailing the thread? I'm pretty sure it does, because they sure aren't adding anything to this subject.

From my part though, I still don't really think this has much merit. If it's just a random NPC then hardly any one is going to pay attention to it. I mean I guess it's not going to hurt anything to have it there but I don't think that it should be a high priority add this in.

There should be more then one in my opinion, to give the illusion of the station being an actual, bustling city in spess.

Simple mobs that just either stand there or shuffle around saying key phrases sounds good. Some sec, some folks waiting around etc.

How hard would this be to do? If it takes an arse load of work then I'd say scrap it. If it's a quickie then why not? Pacman's basically volunteering : joy: : ok_hand:

I like the general idea. But simple mobs can break immersion too. They should have a wide range of possible phrases.

Also, what should happen if someone attacks a simple mob or tries to strip them of gear? Because people will try... and real security can't reach them there. Even if they are invulnerable, there should be some way of dealing with chucklefuckery.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I like the general idea. But simple mobs can break immersion too. They should have a wide range of possible phrases.

Also, what should happen if someone attacks a simple mob or tries to strip them of gear? Because people will try... and real security can't reach them there. Even if they are invulnerable, there should be some way of dealing with chucklefuckery.

By banning them.

• 5 years later...
  • Fluffy locked this topic