Un-fuck the thermal drill. (Drill Thread 2: Thermal Boogaloo)

I have to be the one person who wants this.

Find some way to fix the thermal drill so we can return it to it's old, spreadless self. That spread is making it so that it's useless for even the one thing I used to use it for. Now nobody even buys it, it just sits there in uselessness. I agree, it was horseshit to use and overpowered, but there is a way to fix it: Make it do fuckall damage to people. Make it so that it's a beast against stone, but it doesn't do much to people. This spread has actually nearly caused a friendly fire, and it really doesn't make sense. It was meant to be an accurate mining tool, but now it's just.. There. Neglected and forgotten.

I agree here that the spread makes it horribly useless to mine with. The spread is just too much. However it should not be reverted to it's former aimbot instantcrit self. I think perhaps nerfing down the damage quite a bit and maybe putting the pressure nerf on it aswell may work as a balance. Or even do as Dronz suggested. but I think it would cause some burn damage if fired upon somebody. I'm not sure if the thermal lance is breeder only, but perhaps that should replace the drill as that kind of weapon. Leaving the drill to act more like a drill and less like an overpowered gatling-laser

• 6 months later...

The dispersion severity was supposedly tweaked back to its original iteration. What's wrong with it?

It wasn't. The original had no dispersion at all, it was a perfect line. It still splits like my Merc team the moment I mention that we should stick together.

• 1 month later...
  • Gem locked this topic