Cargo Suggestions Megathread

alexpkeaton

This thread is intended to be a forum to discuss ideas to improve the new cargo system. All ideas are welcome. Some ideas I have are listed below.

The most important change that I believe would be necessary is the addition of an ATM-style mechanic to cargo ordering. Either swipe your card or enter an account number and PIN (necessary for departmental accounts). The card could either be charged at the point of ordering (and refunded if the order is rejected by cargo staff) or charged at the time cargo approves the order (the order not being processed if insufficent funds). Or, there could be three buttons: "Charge Customer", "Charge Cargo" and "Reject Order." Or, there could even be an option at the point of ordering for the player to request that cargo be charged instead of the character's account. ("Charge Customer" could be greyed out in this case)

We also need to restore the paper trail to cargo. Stamps are currently useless.

On a minor note, it might be nice to allow the QM/HoP or perhaps any cargo staff member to permanently remove past shipment records much like a security officer can delete a security record. When a QM is an antag, ordering crypto sequencer items is a dead giveaway that permanently sits on the "Shipments" history for the HoP or any CT to see (or QM if a CT is traitor), Before, you could just shred the req form and send back the manifest, done and done. And yes, my QM has been caught ordering guns as antag before through the new system.

Right now, the reason supplied for a cargo order is not being captured - you can't find it anywhere in the cargo system. That needs to be added.

Men's formalwear and women's dresses still need to be added from old cargo.

Ambrosia vulgaris seeds should be added an an option for botany.

Illegal guns selection from old cargo (when board is hacked with multitool) should be added for crypto sequencer-hacked new cargo.

Space-bikes are listed in new cargo but no price is supplied and they are instead listed as unavailable. They should be priced and made available.

I'm not sure if reagents have been added back yet or not. They should have a separate tab to prevent the medical list from growing too long. Certain poisons could be unlocked with the crypto-sequencer.

Check me on this, but I believe certain Gygax modules were available in a multitool-hacked old cargo. This could be added back somehow.

Add a method to hack/override the cargo system without a crypto-sequencer much like multitooling the board in old cargo. Certain new selections could be unlocked (but not all crypto sequencer items).

Not sure if you can order magboots in new cargo. Definitely needed as an option for miners until space wind is fixed. (Please don't ID lock the crate to engineering)

Add new and exciting exotic items, perhaps on a rotating basis. Drive foot traffic to new cargo. A new "Exotic" category with items like the combat medkit and the Rapid-Service-Fabricator.

• Gem locked this topic