Minor Mapping suggestions [!]

Here's a few:

• Add some floodlights to medbay (some e-storage or in maintenance) so surgeries can have light in case of emergency (or engine not set up). As it is now, I grab the table lamps from the library in case of emergency.
  • Add a cell charger to mining (for IPC miners that need to recharge their portable coolers).
  • In the surgical theaters, instead of the instruments laid out on the tables, have them all in one surgery kit. Makes it more convenient.
  • Add trauma kits to the surgical theaters. They're necessary for some surgeries.
  • Add empty blood packs to the medical bays storage.
  • Add a purge button to slime pens. When pressed, will sprinkle water inside the pen (to kill out-of-control slime)
  • Add recharger (not heavy duty) to NT weapons firing range

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my idea, first, there needs to be more fire extinguishers in medical, in the event of a chemistry phoron leak. Second, WE NEED A DEFIBRILLATOR! A lot of stations have them, but we don't seem to, which is quite irritating that we have sub-par medical equipment. Thank you.

Here is my idea, first, there needs to be more fire extinguishers in medical, in the event of a chemistry phoron leak. Second, WE NEED A DEFIBRILLATOR! A lot of stations have them, but we don't seem to, which is quite irritating that we have sub-par medical equipment. Thank you.

As of right now, there is absolutely 0 medical use for a defibrillator. No medical conditions require its use. This is better off as a suggestion for new medical mechanics.

There is no need for one, especially since we have cloning already. If we will ever get defibrillators, it will likely be when (if) we transition to brainmed.

Security

- The Detective and CSI could us a belt to help carry a few things.

- The Forensics Section in Security should allow any security personnel to pass through for RP reasons, to deliver evidence, to chat, and to help out.

- The new Security training section might as well connect to Fornesics Section by a small hallway rather then a maintenance tunnel.

- Security could use a restroom with a shower, especially now that they have a functional gym! :D

- The old firing range could House the formentioned bathroom and you could expand the security locker room a bit.

Medbay

- The medbay door buttons do not work for non-medbay personnel. You must wait for someone to let you out... which can take a while.

- Chemistry desk is no longer accessible to the public because of the double doors. Might want to just remove those.

- The main medbay enterance area (with the scanners) could probably use a 1-tile extension, this would definately help during emergencies and triage.

- Also, I definately 2nd a defibrillator being added, you should have some chance of recovering a dead player without cloning if you can treat them quickly enough.

- Chemistry desk is no longer accessible to the public because of the double doors. Might want to just remove those.

- Also, I definately 2nd a defibrillator being added, you should have some chance of recovering a dead player without cloning if you can treat them quickly enough.

Defibs are not in our code, we don't even have a single defib. No snowflake 'you're not dead despite the fact you just died!' device plz.

Chemistry has a button in their lab that opens that double door, this is to stop people from walking up and annoying the shit out of them without a reason. The front reception desk can also open the door for you. Just ask, communicate, stop being god damn lazy plz everyone.

Defibs are not in our code, we don't even have a single defib. No snowflake 'you're not dead despite the fact you just died!' device plz.

Chemistry has a button in their lab that opens that double door, this is to stop people from walking up and annoying the shit out of them without a reason. The front reception desk can also open the door for you. Just ask, communicate, stop being god damn lazy plz everyone.

I understand defibs not being in the code, that’s too bad. I do feel it would add some more to medbay. And they do exist in real life.

As for chemistry, it’s just a bottleneck that isn’t necessary. There are too many doors in medbay as is and these two are just unnecessary. This is especially true when medbay isn’t populated and nobody is manning the desk. I just feel like it should be accessible.

(Based on new medbay map March 2018)

I would greatly appreciate it if the footprint of the exam room was swapped with the psych office. It feels like the psych was placed in a closet and some components that used to be in the office have been scrapped.

The psych office doesn't have a medical laptop. I use one as psych every round.

The psych office needs chairs to be two tiles or more away from the psych's desk chair (in the current layout, the psych has a bed that is two tiles away as the crow flies and a comfy chair that tends to be more popular, one tile away). I don't want clients hearing what I say into my headset, because 50% of the time, it's about them.

Psych office could also do with a filing cabinet like the office used to have.

Or, just scrap the exam room entirely and give the psych a huge office (a man can dream!). The exam room was never used very often (possibly because it was in a very inconvenient location before).

Now that there are two scanning beds in central medbay where there used to be just one, any need for the exam room's scanner has decreased.

Thank you!

Are there some lights that intentionally start broken every round? The chaplain's office seems to always be like that and recently I've noticed one in the medbay lobby always busted, unsure if these are supposed to be this way...?

If so, I'm not sure why. Lights break plenty without having to manufacture the extra work.

Additionally, the window in the engineering hallway (with doors both above and below it) needs to be replaced with another door. Every other set of hallway doors on the station is a simple 3-wide, but this one has a window in the middle of it. It's annoying and just disrupts flow.

• 4 weeks later...

Locate syringe gun and carts centrally in medbay on the main level, not on the sub-level. In the event of a difficult patient it takes a long time to run downstairs, grab the syringe gun and carts, come back up, find chems, find a syringe, load, lock, fire. Locate it with the medkits or behind a windoor within said room locked to MD/Psych and above.

• 1 month later...

Replace one of the primary elevators with a stairwell. It doesn't make sense that like 90% of the crew become trapped downstairs in the event of a simple power outage. This would also make Z-level movement much faster. And preserving one of the elevators means it's still possible to haul equipment up easily (shield generators, janicarts and cargo trains, etc).

• 4 weeks later...

Please fix the doubled up Atmos Voidsuits. It was fixed a while ago but seems to have returned. When you look at it on turf view/right click you get this: https://prnt.sc/k0oi11

The double windoors take a bit of fiddling to both get open, and it's annoying trying to set up the voidsuits when there's duplicates. It used to be like this when it was briefly fixed, and it was so much better: https://prnt.sc/k0oiiq

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1) Replace the nitrogen canisters in engineering hard storage with phoron. Or the ones in the engine room. Don't really need nitrogen to run SOP (wiki-based) engine. Also prevents needing to hack into atmos in order to start the engine and keeps atmos with needed canisters.

2) Engineering bathroom on the sub-level needs to be expanded north and an airlock added in before the showers as with the regular bathrooms. You've got a camera pointed directly at the showers.

3) In the spare office in the south part of medbay, the space cleaner/paper is impossible to get to without throwing yourself into disposals. Shift the table south or move the disposals bin.

4) Add space cleaner to the kitchen. Any kitchen without cleaning stuff would be a health violation irl.

5)Remove the bed from the bartender's backroom, and the coffee machine. Add in more tables to declutter the shaker and grinder on the same tile.

6) More lights in the bar.

• 5 weeks later...