The tip jar

What is this about?

This thread is basically to just throw in tiny, helpful things that don't belong in a guide or don't deserve one (or haven't been mentioned in any guides yet). This can be anything from some hot keys or macro ideas, why it's bad role play to launch yourself into space to find derelict, and some general RP tips. It can't be too basic (e.g. use the arrow keys to move) just throw in something that can help someone!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lockers prevent being thrown around while in a vacuum, I believe. Better bring internals and/or get out of there quick though, they're not airtight.

Only tested this with an emergency locker.

Having a pickax (possibly drills as well) in your inactive hand allows you to mine rock by walking into it, like a Ripley.

Using the Walk movement setting while space walking makes you less prone to slipping, at an obvious cost of speed.

There are lots of things you can deep-fry, candefy, etc., but matches are not one of them.

The suit storage unit on the mining asteroid can decontaminate a suit and helmet, as well as automatically fit it for Skrell, Dionaea, Unathi, and Tajaran use.

More to come.

Using suit cyclers allows you to resprite any suit to that of a specific department, whilst retaining it's original stats and abilities. A Security Hardsuit can be refitted for Medical Usage, but it will still be armoured and can hold weapons. Whereas an Engineering hardsuit refitted for Mining retains it's radiation protection.

Lockers prevent being thrown around while in a vacuum, I believe. Better bring internals and/or get out of there quick though, they're not airtight.

Only tested this with an emergency locker.

Having a pickax (possibly drills as well) in your inactive hand allows you to mine rock by walking into it, like a Ripley.

Using the Walk movement setting while space walking makes you less prone to slipping, at an obvious cost of speed.

There are lots of things you can deep-fry, candefy, etc., but matches are not one of them.

The suit storage unit on the mining asteroid can decontaminate a suit and helmet, as well as automatically fit it for Skrell, Dionaea, Unathi, and Tajaran use.

More to come.

Actually, as long as you're in a locker before the pressure gets out of hand, the locker simulates an airtight environment until you get out of it.

Shift-click is quick examining. Don't always use this as IC information though.

Ctrl-Click is to pull things or people. Use this when trying to get your buddies out of a bad situation, or when dragging prisoners.

By clicking, 'throw,' and having your character empty handed, your character will 'catch,' anything thrown at them, alium neurotoxin spit included.

I don't think that's in our code.

By clicking, 'throw,' and having your character empty handed, your character will 'catch,' anything thrown at them, alium neurotoxin spit included.

I don't think that's in our code.

It is. I use it often. Tested for the neurotoxin and batons. You'll grab the neuro dart out of the air. Batons will give no fucks and stun you anyway, though. Don't think it works with bullet/energy class projectiles. Sorry, no Karate Kid ninja skills for your characters.

Something something, DO NOT PULL CRITICAL PATIENTS. USE THE GRAB INTENT.

Small tip on Dex plus: Though it works in 1-2 units, when you need to take a critical patient dying of oxyloss, 2 units isn't going to do jack. A 5 or 10 unit pill would be a lot more practical. Just remember that the OD limit is 15 units. Don't pass it. Bad things happen.

Here are a few.

> Iron can help with blood replacement gets toxic 30 from 30 units and up. Food helps too.

> ODing someone on bicaridine [>30u] can help heal an internal bleed you just need to fight the toxins too. Regular doses of inaprovaline and bicaridine will slow it down though.

> You can label stasis bags like body bags so you know who is in what bag and their state.

> You can scan a bit of paper with your PDA and what is written will appear on your notes option in the PDA.