The Dirty Nasty Guide to Macros

You wanna be robust? You want them style points? Well here you go, I'm about to rock your Tau Ceti System.

To start making them killer macros, you're gonna go window of your SS13 game once you've logged onto the server for some spess men memes.

Scroll your way down this thicc menu of elite robustness and click on client.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2990ixfv4fuypz/Screenshot%202018-01-18%2020.57.14.png?dl=0

Now you're gonna finesse that mouse button 1 real nice and gentle like when you're hovering over macros.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mald6oua1d7otn3/Screenshot%202018-01-18%2021.03.03.png?dl=0

Now that you have a nice window that is as barren as my love life, click on new macros and go crazy making stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/721sqv2z418i3h1/Screenshot%202018-01-18%2021.04.54.png?dl=0

Note that what you put in is what is literally placed into to the text bar at the bottom. Some examples of mine are....

Alt + 1 with the command:{ resist } for maximum evasion of being tabled by Valid Hunter McUrist.

Shift + WASD have command: { westface, eastface, northface, southface } according to the bind, this makes it easy to better visualize the RP your spend your tokens on.

Alt + 8 has command : { face-direction } so good old Officer Breacher G-031 can moon walk into the hotspot and robust some baldies in style.

For maximum memery I added robot vocalizations to macros as well. Shift 7,8,9 produce ping, beep, and buzz. Command : { Say "*ping" } for example.

I hope I learned y'all a thing or two, I have a half bottle of Everclear to get back to. Go and do cool things.

PS: Don't spam auditory emotes, it will mute you after three of four and then you can't do nothin' but beg an admin to unmute you.

Shift + WASD have command: { westface, eastface, northface, southface } according to the bind, this makes it easy to better visualize the RP your spend your tokens on.

Alt + 8 has command : { face-direction } so good old Officer Breacher G-031 can moon walk into the hotspot and robust some baldies in style.

10/10

It's generally smart to set-up macros for the left side of your keyboard if you use WASD mode as it allows for speedier usages of them. Ctrl-1/2/3/4 work pretty well, as do Alt-1/2/3/4 and etc. This contains everything you need so it's easily keyed up in a reasonable fashion rather than having to dance your fingers across the keyboard just to Toggle-Lock or Rotate-Chair, for instance.

You can also do fun things with .click.

• 1 year later...

You know you can actually make a macro to toggle between walking and running? Schev got it clear, it's the .click thing, if you look at the hud, you can find all sorts of small things you can make macros out of. The macro for toggling running is ".click mov_intent"

If you want to make a macro for, say, opening all potential sources of storage if you're decked out in stuff, you can make a macro that goes something like this:

".click back\n.click belt\n.click o_clothing\n.click i_clothing" (assuming you have a toolbelt, a hoodie or suit with pockets, and a uniform w/ webbing attached)

You could probably even make an internals macro for whatever reason of macros that move you in a certain way, the latter half is possible but hard (I saw the name of what byond actuall calls our movement commands during a lagfest once, it's quite long but otherwise impossible to find out about)