add armored gloves

hey guys, i'm kinda tired of cheesers aiming for my hands and instantly breaking/gibbing them because of the low break thresholds for hands/feet to begin with. Can we please get some armored gloves added to the game with the tradeoff of making melee/gun attacks slower or some other drawback that would be interesting? The fact that you have to wear a voidsuit to benefit from hand and foot protection is kinda silly and I feel it'd be pretty nice if there were less situations where you could be prepared for this sort of thing and not get donged on because someone either got lucky with the RNG or they were deliberately aiming for the hands anyway.

If armored gloves are too much to ask for then I'm multiplying all of the limb min/max break thresholds by 1.5x and you won't like it.

xoxoxo,

-the guy salty about getting their hands practically shot off by powergamers

it'd be trivial to throw Armour values on gloves. just port the riot ones from Polaris.

But having weaknesses is hardly a bad thing.

some smith somewhere in the iron age; hey, i built these really cool things that'll lower the chances of getting your hand and fingers cut off in combat, check it out

AH-6023.png.

some guy in the town forum: wtf get good idiot only losers get their hands cut off, weaknesses are a good thing

Guest Menown

Delta when playing security, apparently.

I support this, because people find a meta for fucking everything and it's stupid that any form of trying to prevent said meta is "get gud."

Not having is mechanically a death trap. I'm not sure if you realize how important it is to have hands in the game. Not only do they allow you to pick up and manipulate items, but there are many other things that the game checks your hands for like opening doors.

Did you know that you can't open doors if you don't have hands? That's why handcuffs work to prevent you from opening doors, because they make the game act like you don't have hands.

You also can't attack anyone or defend yourself, even though technically speaking you have an entire body and a pair of legs you could theoretically kick someone with. Without hands you can't interact with people in any fashion, even though that makes no logical sense that you're unable to stomp on someone with no hands.

Being able to shoot off people's hand is more than just a weakness, it's negating their ability to even play the game.

Why don't we just make it harder to hit someone's hands than it is to hit their torso or head? It would make sense because they are smaller targets and faster moving. So just make the percent chance to hit lower... if that's how the RNG works.

You said in the OP that the purpose of your suggestion was to stop people from powergaming by constantly targeting hands for their vulnerability. So logically anything that makes hands less vulnerable to attack is "the point of this suggestion." But go off I guess

Why don't we just make it harder to hit someone's hands than it is to hit their torso or head? It would make sense because they are smaller targets and faster moving. So just make the percent chance to hit lower... if that's how the RNG works.

Except this is a thing already.

Ah, that's why I had to append "if that's how RNG works" to the end of that; I'm not sure what protections already exist in the mechanics

Could the effect be exaggerated further? If people are still powergaming despite the RNG disadvantage, maybe that disadvantage isn't severe enough?

• 7 months later...
  • Gem locked this topic