The Leyon Gunsmithing LLC Everyman

A new gun, yes, another gun thread from the infamous Dronz. However, unlike most guns, this one isn't marketed towards Security or Antags, but civilians. A gun made for self-defense, not combat: The Everyman.
A 10mm pistol that holds five shots and is loaded with a stripper clip, popular for self-defense on Mars.
It will be orderable through cargo and bought the Merchant, it's cheap and meant to be avalible to most people with a decent-paying job.
What will it add to gameplay? A gun made and marketed for civilian carry, something that arguably isn't in the game, and since it's a stripper clip gun, it encourages them to fire while running away. The 10mm ammo type isn't very avalible, either, so you wouldn't be printing these clips from Cargo.
  • The gun itself:
    Spoiler:
  • The gun with an empty magazine:
    Spoiler:
  • The magazine at different portions of being loaded:
    Spoiler:
  • Amateur Spriter

Re: The Leyon Gunsmithing LLC Everyman

I like it.
Ive got like, 2 or 3 characters.
Erin MacGregor - Bartender - Irish Alcoholic, Part Time Sinta Smoocher
Cletus Holloway - Psychologist - Germaphobe with Aspergers Syndrome
Mer'tala Kaemah - Quartermaster - Tired and Trying Her Best
Mjraarjiarr Roshtanov - Security Officer - "Chefs hate her! Watch how this one M'Sai eats an entire counter!"
Shanzai Mazzar - Roboticist - Confused Calico Cat
Ma'riqraz Al-Merja - Gardener - A Unit so Absolute he's got Health Issues
Jikar Rajah - Medical Resident - "Just make it thrrough today. . .without any burrning monkeys."
Az'eeki Soraka - Shaman - Disabled Si'akh Fanboy
Aiaez Ah'sakra - Janitor - Rowdy Ouerean
Zikara Kazhkz - Chef - Advocater of Cronyism
Suzuul Guwan - Shaft Miner - Mining Mysoginist
Event-Horizon v1.99 - AI / Malf - "*Agonized static*. . ."Yes, I am fine. Thank you for asking."
Harmony of Metal and Fire - Station Engineer - *ZAP*. . ."Oow. . ."
Ripribs - Raider - "WHAT IS UP, MOTHERRRFUCKERRRS!"
The Dragon - Mercenary - "Thatsss The Dragon to you. The article iss important."
Shifting Sands - Ninja- Loving Wife and Mother of Two / Nerd for Technology

Im curious about something though.

If this is a civillan weapon, what stops security from going "Lolnope, contraband, confiscated bro" as they do with pretty much all weapons bought by civillians from the merchant or cargo, (Or even the rare space treasures).

And again, it being a civillian weapon, why doesnt people just bring this to work instead of buying one AT work?

Absolutely nothing, as usual for security to be worried about enforcing contraband laws. It's just another low capacity ballistic weapon to add into the pool of already existing low capacity ballistic weapons.
Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever.

When one relies on sight to perceive the world, it is like trying to stare at the galaxy through a crack in the door.
Spoiler:

Pratepresidenten wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:59 pm
Im curious about something though.

If this is a civillan weapon, what stops security from going "Lolnope, contraband, confiscated bro" as they do with pretty much all weapons bought by civillians from the merchant or cargo, (Or even the rare space treasures).

And again, it being a civillian weapon, why doesnt people just bring this to work instead of buying one AT work?
There's forms that are signed to make carrying weapons legal on station. I'm fine with some people having pistols. SOME people. I can see allowing people with clean records to carry a pistol, say on Code Blue. And really, I just want a deterrence from Rev/Militias buying larger guns. Small concealable firearms are something you'd expect- not rifles and shotguns.

And, I guess, as for buying it at work, since NT is against you bringing guns to work, they get to take back a bit of the pay they give you doing that. So you buy a cheap gun at work, for that shift, and then hand it over on the Odin, it re-enters the cargo system, someone else buys it. REALLY all guns are just being rented lmao.

Return to “Completed Projects”