Cargo Bounites / Exports

I ported the Bounties / Exports from tg and improved the cargo control application a bit.

• Centcom now pays for more than just phoron, platinum and creates (Use the export scanner to find out what they want
  • Every round they need some special items shipped to them, use the bounty tab in the cargo control console to find out what they need.
  • Invoices for orders / shipments can now be printed using the cargo control console

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/4998

If you notice any items that cant be acquired by the crew or items that need a different description, make a comment on GitHub

If you want additional items to be available as bounty, comment here

I absolutely love this addon, however I think that all the items available should be able to be craftable by crew.

Here are some objects that I think should be removed for that reason:

Cheesie Honkers, Toolboxes, Briefcase, Sunglasses, Revolver, Potted Plants, Earmuffs, Handcuffs, Chainsaw, pretty much everything in the security category,

And perhaps for the sake of E N D L E S S B O U N T I E S I think that the bounty requirement for 3 extra bounties should be completing 3 extra bounties instead of 5.

This is more of a discussion of alternatives as well as a suggestion post as I like to pool ideas, and actually have little to no knowledge on coding.

The Bounties is a novel idea and I can see it giving the station a purpose to manufacture products to export for some extra cash flow, but at the moment it's kind of non-nonsensical and disruptive.

Making a bunch of medicine or prosthesis because market demands are high? Makes sense, Aurora has the expensive machinery pump a bunch of these products easily.

A liver, along with three empty bowls and a platter of nuggets? Now it's getting silly, it's less of catering to a market and more catering to a man child who's been given too much power behind a desk and is making random orders at the expense of those below him. It adds to the humour and absurdity sure, but it can be well... more than a gimmick.

On the newscasters, we get generic stories about food prices going up and the like. If those could tie into a market system so a thrifty QM, Chef or other crew member can be like 'I can capitalise on the current market environment' we can lend to more uh, business roleplay opposed to screaming at Security for Donk Pockets.

One caveat, the flavourtext for each bounty is pretty awesome but with the rest of the crew not getting to see them it kind of devolves into 'why the fuck do you need six donuts and a pair of eyeballs?'

The idea of tying it into the news caster economy announcements is definitely interesting and I might follow up on that.

But it is out of the score of the current implementation.

I have already requested the LoreMaster to look over the bounties and tell me if there are some that have to be changed.

Regarding: "The rest of the crew wont see it"

There is a option on the console that allows you to print the list.

Most QMs either print it and tape it to the front window

And / Or post it on the newscaster to encourage crew to bring it in.

Its up to cargo how they want to notify the rest of the crew about it.

The options to do so are provided.

I've certainly enjoyed this addition, managing exports and going around the station to broker deals with various departments is fun.

An idea I had was to perhaps implement some rewards other than just cash. A bounty could sometimes for example offer a crate of leftover medical supplies, a crate of party supplies, mining equipment, or perhaps just a crate of completely random stuff akin to those found in the warehouse.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that it's officially done, I have some COMPLAINTS.

The bounties asking for a weapon with a delay of x/power of x/whatever are just not good. Unless you have the code open, you're not going to know what you're going to build. So far every scientist that I've met refuses to do those bounties because they don't know what to do.

• Gem locked this topic