Battle Monsters - The SS13 trading card game

gK6AVYT.png

Since I'm bored as heck I'm deciding to code this in. It's a Yu-Gi-Oh clone that's redesigned to be less headache inducing than most card games out there. It's meant to be straight forward, and so simple that a child could pick it up and play it. All the magic/trap cards are going to be very simple, and won't involve crazy shit such as card-swapping, duplicating, or easily exploitable stuff that may cause headaches when playing.

The cards themselves will be completely randomly generated. The way it will work is pick a prefix, pick a name, and then pick a title, then generate a monster based on that title.

For example, Dark Unathi Defender the Great will generate a card with dark powers, high defense, and will be a high level rarity card. That name will consistently generate the same stats, keywords, and effects across sessions, as each part of the name gives it a certain stat. The card's worth/rarity is also generated. Some cards will not be randomly generated and will be already premade so that players can get used to commonly used magic/trap cards. Resurrection cards or draw cards will be premade. The generation will be scaled, meaning that you won't be getting too many insane cards in your card pack.

Cards can be purchased from a library vending machine that I will be adding. Crew can spent all their hard-earned money on purchasing card packs, hoping to get legendary cards. It will cost roughly 500 credits for a basic 52 card starter pack, and 200 credits for a 10 card booster pack that guarantees a rare card. All the cards will be easy to read and understand. The cards have large print, and can be read from a distance, and the way the cards snap to tables will be modified so it uses a grid system.

Traitors will be able to purchase a blank modifiable card for 1C that allows them to make their own card. Perhaps in the future I can make it so that the wizards can make the cards come to life as hostile, soul-hungry demons. Perhaps I can make it so that ult has to obtain a super rare legendary Nar'sie card and 9 people in order to summon Nar'sie.

I'm currently done the following:

Code: 20%

Sprites: 90%

Game Rules: 70%

super duper important lore: 0%

Rules can be seen here. They're a work in progress and will be edited frequently: https://docs.google.com/document/d/130EgP98c66vPuWIvfAaWRQSI7GFyYY9wCZ9CI9Wbr3s/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Guest

RIP Vaurca and IPCs, not able to afford to play.

It's a good idea though.

Out of curiosity, what will be the special hackable/contraband item(s) from the vendor? The ones where you snip/pulse the vendor item and it unlocks new stuff.

I'll be making a very basic starter pack as a loadout item. Given my general dislike for pay to win, and my tendency for put commentary in my work, if you wish to have better cards you're going to have to fork over credits.

I do not have any ideas for hackable vendor cards. Perhaps if a vendor is hacked, it can dispense a single guaranteed legendary card or perhaps a more meme-centered card pack.

For example, I already have sprites for a clown deck where they use pies and bananas to defeat someone.

You should replace the already existing cardemon set that was brought from Bay with this, and which has a starter set in the loadout.

That was sort of the plan. I don't know if anyone gives an actual fuck about cardemon, but this was meant to be an improvement over that stuff. They both have the same concept, which is randomized monsters, but mine with be stupidly in-depth.

I'll be making a very basic starter pack as a loadout item. Given my general dislike for pay to win, and my tendency for put commentary in my work, if you wish to have better cards you're going to have to fork over credits.

I do not have any ideas for hackable vendor cards. Perhaps if a vendor is hacked, it can dispense a single guaranteed legendary card or perhaps a more meme-centered card pack.

For example, I already have sprites for a clown deck where they use pies and bananas to defeat someone.

I think a meme/'syndicate' based card-set would be better than a legendary card as it fits the theme more. Hell, hacking the kitchen vending machines gives red and black lunchboxes, a clear nod towards the syndicate toolboxes. I doubt many people will hack it so it shouldn't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic