Increase Oven Grace Period Before It Burns And Ruins Everything

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Cooking with the oven is a very stressful and time sensitive task. Even if I do it quickly, by the time I fill all of the trays with items to bake the 1st item I put in has burnt and spewed smoke into the kitchen and ruined the dish.

The grace period for the oven from completion to burning mess should be increased to at least 20 seconds, rather than the current 3. You absolutely cannot multitask when you put things in the oven like you can with the microwave, which automatically ejects completed foodstuffs.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

It's 3 seconds? Holy crap. Raise that, please. 20 may be too much, but 3 seconds? Make it at least 10.

IT SURE FEELS LIKE 3 SECONDS

the oven is very unforgiving

IT SURE FEELS LIKE 3 SECONDS

the oven is very unforgiving

Okay phew it's not actually three seconds.

It's not 3 seconds. It's based on how much matter is in the final product. If you make light food constantly then you're going to burn things if you leave it in there too long.

This makes sense, I suppose, from a logical standpoint. Are cupcakes more likely to burn than a whole cake? I believe so. You just have to be more careful with what you multitask and spacing apart what you put in the oven at what times so make sure it's not all done at once. Sounds like the chef's job, tbh.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I think you should punished for forgetting food in the oven while you go do something else, it is entirely the cook's fault.

if you're good, you can multitask the oven.

if you aren't, stick to one at a time.

so big oof no from me.

Its not forgetting. Try it yourself and youll understand how bizarre it is. when i load all 5 trays, the first two trays are already done. Immediately the oven needs to be unloaded after it dings or the item burns. Im not being hyperbolic when i say immediately. Its not a matter of forgetting but being faster than the oven.

A flat grace period of 10 seconds will let me unload the thing and still punish forgetfullness. None of the other kitchen appliances are so unforgiving and merciless.

• 4 years later...
  • Gem locked this topic