Lavaland Megafauna

I decided to port all the lavaland megafauna. In the name of not copy-pasting (most) of the code, some of the abilities and whatnot are vastly different to account for aurorastation movespeed and balance. Everything works, except the loot it drops which I'm not adding. So far the plan is that the wizard can choose to summon one lavaland mob that deals hallos damage only, as part of a battle monsters expansion. To defeat them, you shoot at it until you die or use a high-power battlemonster card to destroy it.

However not many people may like this since it's wizard exclusive and it may not mesh well with the balance of wizard, so here are the options I came up with. Note that no matter what, the monsters will do exclusively hallos damage to prevent murderbone, except for an admin-spawn variant.

- Wizard Option A: Wizard can summon it via a battle monsters card and give commands to attack.

- Wizard Option B: Wizard can summon it via a spell and control it for a short time.

- Holodeck option A: Emag the holodeck, select preset, then emag the hologram to become it's master. You can order it to attack anything. Exists as long as the holodeck is on.

- Holodeck option B: Emag the holodeck, select preset, it goes on a rampage. Exists as long as the holodeck is on.

- Mining Powercreep Option A: Add an artifact that summons a megafauna monster that's an ally to the miner who summoned it.

- Mining Powercreep Option B: Add an artifact that turns the welder into a controllable megafauna monster.

- Cult Powercreep: After performing an intense ritual that requires a high amount of cultists, instead of summoning Nar'sie, the ruin's target can transform into one of the three lavaland megafauna.

- Fuck You Burger: Just make it an admin only spawn.

Have you ever fought against a megafauna? Players will have all the abilities of megafauna.

Nope, never, so my feedback is coming from a place of somewhat ignorance. I assumed they were just really tough mobs that have one ability or so to make it trickier to kill them like teleporting or going invisible or spawning fake copies of themselves around them.

Is there a PR up where I can look at them in detail? Alternatively, could you detail their abilities in this thread?

Have you ever fought against a megafauna? Players will have all the abilities of megafauna.

Nope, never, so my feedback is coming from a place of somewhat ignorance. I assumed they were just really tough mobs that have one ability or so to make it trickier to kill them like teleporting or going invisible or spawning fake copies of themselves around them.

Is there a PR up where I can look at them in detail? Alternatively, could you detail their abilities in this thread?

Of course. I'll get a video up shortly, but here's a short explanation.

Ash Drake - Dragon looking motherfucker. Shoots fireballs that deal halos, and has a chance to swoop into the sky and then come crashing down. Can melee attack occasionally.

Colossus - Tall looking motherfucker. Shoots ice crystals that deal hallos. Their attack pattern is like a bullet hell game.

Bubblegum - Fat looking motherfucker. Sprays blood everywhere, and charges at people similar to ash drake. If you're stepping in blood, tentacles will spawn out of it and strike you.

Not too keen on the idea as a whole. Adding it to wizard just seems like a hamfisted idea. Adding it to mining seems like its out of the blue. To be honest our server culture is not like /tg/'s where these giant 128x128 megafauna could ever really fit in. Personally a battlemonster's type wizard would be better off with a variety of utility based cards and minor summons instead of one or two big "fuck you station" summons.

• Gem locked this topic