ERT Adjustments (read: nerfs)

Let's hop right in.

First, this PR will disable ERT on Revolution. Admins will still be able to manually call it (because admins are all-powerful), however there will be a big-ass announcement like the Mutiny mode and events that signifies the ERT is currently handling other shit. Swiping will remind you that they are currently fighting space tentacles.

Next, buffs the non-hardsuit ERT armor (those foam force linebacker vests.) They will have armor = list(melee = 65, bullet = 60, laser = 60, energy = 40, bomb = 40, bio = 25, rad = 25) and a slowdown of 1.

This is up from armor = list(melee = 60, bullet = 60, laser = 60, energy = 40, bomb = 20, bio = 0, rad = 0) The helmet has 50 bio. It is my pipe dream that engineers and medics use this more, as the backpacks are convenient for their roles.

Next, adds three guns to the ERT base. One dartgun with two magazines (intended for medics), two netguns (in the medic area), and one gravity gun (in the engineering area. Disables gravity in a small area.) This also takes away one machine pistol, replaces one box of flashbangs with tear gas, and adds one ion rifle. In all, gives ERT more non-killy options.

Next, adjusts the hardsuits. The ERT Commander and ERT Soldier armor will be armor = list(melee = 60, bullet = 50, laser = 30,energy = 15, bomb = 40, bio = 100, rad = 100), an EMP Protection of 30, (25 for trooper) and a slowdown of 1. This is adjusted from armor = list(melee = 60, bullet = 50, laser = 30,energy = 15, bomb = 30, bio = 100, rad = 100). This will also give all ERT suits combat actuators, ftr.

ERT Engineering armor is at armor = list(melee = 50, bullet = 40, laser = 20, energy = 15, bomb = 40, bio = 100, rad = 100), an EMP protection of 20, and a slowdown of 0. This is down from armor = list(melee = 60, bullet = 50, laser = 30,energy = 15, bomb = 30, bio = 100, rad = 100)

ERT Medical armor is at armor = list(melee = 50, bullet = 40, laser = 20, energy = 15, bomb = 30, bio = 100, rad = 100), an EMP protection of 20, and a slowdown of 0. This is down from armor = list(melee = 60, bullet = 50, laser = 30,energy = 15, bomb = 30, bio = 100, rad = 100)

J-ERT has been made immune to all damage, at armor = list(melee = 50, bullet = 40, laser = 20, energy = 15, bomb = 30, bio = 100, rad = 100), an EMP protection of 20, and a slowdown of 0. This is down from armor = list(melee = 60, bullet = 50, laser = 30,energy = 15, bomb = 30, bio = 100, rad = 100)

Lastly, nerfs the ERT chemical dispenser. It will still have all basic chems needed to patch damage, and some starter chems to make additional ones, but no longer literally includes any possible chems you could think of, what the fuck. This also deletes the combat injectors, because on-demand oxy, synap, and hyperzine is a cancerous growth.

I have disabled ERT on the Revolution gamemode because it never leads to a productive round. In my dreams, the ideal Revolution round involves both sides duking it out. Security at Command's whim, Command attempting to escape, the crew armed with chainsaws and medieval weaponry clashing against the bourgeoise. Except this never happens, because Command/Loyalists have a convenient 'I Win' button that can even be done via fax, silently in a maint tunnel somewhere, where no revs can find out.

I have disabled ERT on the Revolution gamemode because it never leads to a productive round. In my dreams, the ideal Revolution round involves both sides duking it out. Security at Command's whim, Command attempting to escape, the crew armed with chainsaws and medieval weaponry clashing against the bourgeoise. Except this never happens, because Command/Loyalists have a convenient 'I Win' button that can even be done via fax, silently in a maint tunnel somewhere, where no revs can find out.

That is a very nobel idea, however it is not going to work out that way.

The revs know that security will work often enough with command and therefore they are prime targets for either conversion or removal via announcement.

If you want to go through with this idea, then you have to prevent security and heads of staff from being converted to the rev side.

Atm you can convert all non-loyalty implanted heads of staff as well as security.

This seems like one of those well intentioned, ill executed type of deals. If anything, just make it talke longer for CentComm to send one. ERT doesn't need to be nerfed directly. If someone doesn't have the idea to break into command via the asteroid so as to capture the heads, oh well.

You've presented this in the spirit of rev gimmicks, but what does that say to....you know, every other round-type?

I do like the idea of the gravity gun, but one question, will it cause things to be drawn to the area of impact, like a coffee cup flying in and hitting whatever is in there. I also do have to agree with the command just hiding in a tunnel and calling in a ERT squad to win, so how would they call it via admins? And how would the announcement of ERT not being able to respond just not tip everyone off "OH, WE BETTER GET READY FOR SOME REV"

[mention]Sandvich123[/mention] It would likely be a automatic reply of ERT assets being held up (we use that when we feel ERT isnt actually needed)

Regarding the PR itself, [mention]ParadoxSpace[/mention] a few questions:

What will encourage ERT to take the new weapons instead of the older ones?

What is your reasoning to make the armor vests stronger than the hardsuits?

• 2 months later...
  • Gem locked this topic