medical records for robots

Which aren't actually even medical records.

I have the idea of robotic records, which would act as medical records for synthetics and can be accessed via robotics consoles, or a locked program that roboticists have access to. However that neat modular thing works.

Because, you know, robots don't need medicine, but they do have different protocols and functions, so the records would serve as information about the crew regarding that.

I invite people who are better at words to help me out here. Thoughts?

Edited by Gem

Arguably, Roboticists would be the 'Psychiatric' aid for IPCs and Synthetics as well, even though technically it by game terms falls to the Psychologist. Robotic Records would make 'Bugs' noteable, and thus aid the Roboticist in this. I support!

Since I have to rewrite all the record apps in the near future, I am wondering:

Why not just use medical records and give the roboticist access to them ?

It seems a bit redundant because you will only use medical or robot records, but never both.

A access check could be added to the medical/robo records application to ensure medical can only access the records for the "meat-bag-side" of the crew and robotics only for the "bucket-side" of the crew.

But this would still leave borgs out in the open because afaik they dont have a entry in the datacore. (But that could be added)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Gem changed the title to medical records for robots
  • Gem locked, unlocked and locked this topic