Retooling/Fixing Vampire Power: Diseased Touch [Arrow768]

For the most part, the vampire's kit works pretty well and is worth using. But up there at the top as the single most expensive ability available to them, at 200 blood, Diseased Touch. After doing some testing with it today, I'm not really convinced it's living up to what you have to pay for it. Here's what I found.

-It infects you with a disease that causes headaches, coughing, organ failure, and genetic damage. Now, that probably SOUNDS good, but from my experience here, there's some really big asterisks you have to add onto this.

-The disease has a latency of approximately 10 minutes before you actually get to the part where they start dying. During that period, they suffer from obvious headaches, followed by coughing. Every description of the diseased touch SAYS it starts off in the fourth stage, but it clearly does not, as it progresses slowly one by one through the 4 tiers of symptoms.

-During this 'incubation period', they have ample time to saunder over to medbay and surround themselves with doctors. My knowledge of virology is admittedly limited, but from what I understand, it's pretty hard for a single person to die in medbay due to a disease, because spaceacillin halts symptoms entirely(?) for a period. And I don't know how long it takes a virologist to cure someone, but I feel like it's not so long that they run any real risk of being in danger.

-The disease is designed not to spread. It's SUPPOSED to kill a single person 'fairly quickly', presumably in a fashion that does not directly implicate you, the vampire. It fails utterly to do this.

-At one point during testing, I managed to infect someone using Diseased Touch with a disease that had no other effects other than sneezing, mucus, and shakey screen. This is incredibly underwhelming for a 200 blood ability, and I suspect it might be some form of oversight rather than an intentionally random symptom list.

Even for what this ability is evidently supposed to do, I feel like 200 blood is way too expensive. However, it's possible that this ability just needs to be fixed somehow to actually be formidable to the point where it lives up to its exorbitantly high cost.

• Gem locked this topic