Yumi Yotin's cutting metal

BYOND Key: TrickingTrapster

Character name: Yumi Yotin

Item name: Cutting Metal/Kitchen Metal

Why is your character carrying said item to work? Yumi has a medical condition where she can't handle knives, but she often enough needs to man the kitchen. At home she uses these pieces of metal to cut her food to get around her PTSD.

Item function(s): Basically just for cutting cuttable food instead of a knife.

Item description: Looks like a piece of sheet metal, sharpened on one end.

Item appearance: It should look like the top or bottom of a metal sheet, maybe with a sheen to show it's sharpened.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? This has been part of Yumi's backstory for a long time, on the apartment server on discord I've already described these and how she uses them. Now she can actually show the ways she uses to get around her disabilities, with the cutting metal being one. Plus, it will allow her to go into the kitchen without having to ask three different people to cut things for her.

Additional comments:I don't have sprites, but taking a metal sheet sprite and chopping a chunk off shouldn't be a big deal. If the concern is raised that this will be used as a makeshift weapon, I'd be totally fine with it not being able to be used as a weapon (kinda like a pen), it's an utility item.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I believe would prevent this going through would be an NT policy preventing anything that could be used as a weapon being brought on station. However I personally believe that NT could permit an allowance for such an item to be used, especially if it had backup via medical records due to Yumi's psychological state.

I am almost certain Yumi is never played as an antag anyway - typically passive and lovely to interact with. Therefore I would give this a +1