Itanimulli's Custom Chassis App

Byond Key: itanimulli

Character name: XHSR SAC

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Security Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? Firstly, the security module would serve as a replacement body for Sovereign Aegis. Aegis's body is under warranty by Haphaestus, so there is no point in NT staff attempting to repair it. The android body, however, is leased under NT's regulations, so as long as he abides by the laws normally given to to all stationbounds, he is allowed to use it in case of his original body being damaged beyond repair. This body will also occasionally be inhabited by intelligence circuits. As the body is not owned by aegis, and AutomaCo seeks to data-mine as much as it can via repetitive tests, it is entirely logical for the body to have been tweaked to Aegis's liking, yet still not be his own property. The modifications that Aegis managed to request are also being looked into as the baseline for AutomaCo's security models.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for security.

Item description:

Security module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with peices easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's hands are large, incapable of holding most objects. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Combat module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's hands are large, incapable of holding most objects. It seems to have been heavily reinforced and armed to properly fight against threats. Powered hammers adorn its fist, and its chest is easily capable of emitting a deadly laser. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "ON LEASE THROUGH NT." It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Item appearance:

Security Module (Specifically intended to resemble Aegis's previous form)

K60DiUC.pngW2qPYHH.png9U9Txhk.png3xO2RSs.png

Combat Module (A reinforced version of the security module)

t6RLHG7.pngmQh2S77.pngrHq2Fsn.png2fw7DE0.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? This is a very situational item, intended to be rarely seen, because hopefully, as aegis, I rarely die. I'm soon going to add a "BORG ON DESTRUCTION" order to Aegis's medical records, if this gets added. It's presence is meant to be bittersweet. If you see it, it should usually insinuate that Aegis has died, and must now wait for his body to be repaired by professionals at Hephaestus. Besides, he'll have the same name, so. Yeah.

It's current look gives it the intimidating "Wow" factor I'd like it to have in the rare scenarios in which it would ever make a prominent appearance. I'd like it to be at least mildly concerning to look at. Buff fear rp.

Additional comments: I do wonder if this will start a trend, of sorts. I wanted to make death meaningful, and this is what I came up with. As a later note, I've also gone all-in or completely wiping COFFIN from my character list.

Also, to alleviate additional issues: If Aegis is forced into a different department, somehow, some way, he will just use NT's standard chassis selections, as his own does not have the necessary equipment to deal with non-security work. He'll be a pretty useless station-bound without the security module, anyhow.

Character name: XHUIR

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Engineering Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Heavy Utility Industrial Robot (XHUIR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPHUIR (Mass Production Heavy Utility Industrial Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, XHUIR is currently undergoing several trials to prove it's viability. Whereas cute machines are endearing to crew, this is intended to provide a humanoid form factor, whilst still being able to work within acceptable performance parameters. It's shape is said to promote comradely between it and the crew. After years of testing in different design attempts, it was finally shown that the ability to simply mimic the mannerisms of humans was most important. The underlying frame for all of AutomaCo's most recent products has been made uniform, with the exception of a few.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for both engineering and construction.

Item description:

Engineering module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's clamp-shaped hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and often remain at the machine's side unless needed. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards engineering. It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Construction Module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's clamp-shaped hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and often remain at the machine's side unless needed. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards engineering. It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Item appearance:

Engineering:

94uX0i6.pngLir60eu.pngLyQZuTh.pngmUwAdp1.png

Construction

94uX0i6.pngLir60eu.pngLyQZuTh.pngmUwAdp1.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? All of AutomaCo's products emulate human decisions, but only to a degree deemed acceptable by it's current task, and only in ways that promote a positive mindset. I'd like to flesh out AutomaCo ICly, as I've a few more character-related caveats to explore.

Additional comments: Coffin is being retired permanently. I don't like the mindset I've required of myself in order to play them. It's negative and usually leads to something being burned with liquid fire. I'd rather play something with forced/no emotions than spiteful ones.

Character name: XMIR

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Mining Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Mining Industrial Robot (XHUIR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPMIR (Mass Production Mining Industrial Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, XMIR is currently undergoing several trials to prove it's viability. Whereas cute machines are endearing to crew, this is intended to provide a humanoid form factor, whilst still being able to work within acceptable performance parameters. It's shape is said to promote comradely between it and the crew. After years of testing in different design attempts, it was finally shown that the ability to simply mimic the mannerisms of humans was most important. The underlying frame for all of AutomaCo's most recent products has been made uniform, with the exception of a few.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for mining.

Item description:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's clamp-shaped hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and often remain at the machine's side unless needed. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards mining. It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Item appearance:

u7ld2E8.pnge1f0AIp.pngTQ8cMye.png2P6M7sq.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? All of AutomaCo's products emulate human decisions, but only to a degree deemed acceptable by it's current task, and only in ways that promote a positive mindset. I'd like to flesh out AutomaCo ICly, as I've a few more character-related caveats to explore.

Additional comments: Coffin is being retired permanently. I don't like the mindset I've required of myself in order to play them. It's negative and usually leads to something being burned with liquid fire. I'd rather play something with forced/no emotions than spiteful ones.

Character name: XRHUIR

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Research Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Research Heavy Utility Industrial Robot (XRHUIR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPRHUIR (Mass Production Research Heavy Utility Industrial Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, XRHUIR is currently undergoing several trials to prove it's viability. Whereas cute machines are endearing to crew, this is intended to provide a humanoid form factor, whilst still being able to work within acceptable performance parameters. It's shape is said to promote comradely between it and the crew. After years of testing in different design attempts, it was finally shown that the ability to simply mimic the mannerisms of humans was most important. The underlying frame for all of AutomaCo's most recent products has been made uniform, with the exception of a few.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for research.

Item description:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's asymmetrical appendages hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and are meant to provide maximum efficiency to the machine, with all it's tools easily able to be used. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards research. It seems to see everything at once.

Item appearance:

NkdevWW.pnguu8iJDc.png0L0ibp4.png35YiM3A.png

Character name: XUDPT

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Utility Drones

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first public test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Utility Drone Propulsion Test-beds (XUDPT). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPUD (Mass Production Utility Drone) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, every XUDPT is geared towards simplistic maintenance, in or out of the station, and each maintains that it must stay out of the way of crew so as not to deplete efficiency. Mostly silent, they usually speak only when spoken to, or when issues arise. Issues include items foreign to the station, or usual occurrences that might lead to a change in protocol. They are usually errand runners, and have been known to simply be utilized by command staff on other stations to relay information when communication issues arise, or when objects are physical. Otherwise, they simply maintain the station, keeping it clean, and free of debris. They are too fragile to be utilized in jobs that require too much in the way of industrial work.

Item function(s): Borg re-spritea for: Standard, Clerical, Custodial, Rescue, Service, and Medical.

Item description: (For all remaining: Standard, Clerical, Custodial, Rescue, Service, and Medical)

A camera-like chassis surrounded by 4 nacelles, each housing a strange, circular device that appears to keep it afloat. It hovers just below eye level, it's central photo receptor staring you directly in the eyes. It seems attentive to anything that speaks to it. One it's upper left engine nacelle is the text "LEASED BY NT." Designation lights flash on and off, hinting at it's purpose.

Item appearance:

All look pretty much the same with exception of eye color and a few small running lights.

FW83Y5U.pngblSKpga.pngJRdQmAU.pngILraZlJ.pngJJLqUJJ.gif

Notes: This will replace COFFIN entirely.

Edited by Guest

Despite the spring winds of custom sprites surrounding Aurora's stationbounds lately - to which I'm very happy with - I have one gripe, and one question of clarification regarding this application.

Gripe: It's, like stated, extremely situational; a custom sprite only to be used if one particular IPC is dead, its posibrain ripped out, and then inserted into a stationbound chassis. Had Aegis already been a stationbound from the start, I wouldn't see an issue with it (security module lights can also only be red, not purple - same for combat module, otherwise you might be mistaken for a hostile mob/holoparasite ). It's a fresh and neat idea, but I think it's too situational.

Question of Clarification: As others were quick to point out during my own ORB application, the sprites need to encompass all stationbound modules - what you're doing here is limiting a stationbound to only be able to perform security duties, at present configuration of your application - which ultimately have its roots in the very situational aspect of the application itself.

I'm not sold enough to give it a +1, but rather leaning towards a negative conclusion if the application form remains as it currently is.

I'll await your response, Itani.

Despite the spring winds of custom sprites surrounding Aurora's stationbounds lately - to which I'm very happy with - I have one gripe, and one question of clarification regarding this application.

Gripe: It's, like stated, extremely situational; a custom sprite only to be used if one particular IPC is dead, its posibrain ripped out, and then inserted into a stationbound chassis. Had Aegis already been a stationbound from the start, I wouldn't see an issue with it (security module lights can also only be red, not purple - same for combat module, otherwise you might be mistaken for a hostile mob/holoparasite ). It's a fresh and neat idea, but I think it's too situational.

Question of Clarification: As others were quick to point out during my own ORB application, the sprites need to encompass all stationbound modules - what you're doing here is limiting a stationbound to only be able to perform security duties, at present configuration of your application - which ultimately have its roots in the very situational aspect of the application itself.

I'm not sold enough to give it a +1, but rather leaning towards a negative conclusion if the application form remains as it currently is.

I'll await your response, Itani.

This is actually pretty false. There are several sprites for borgs that only exist in certain modules. Several custom sprites, too, and originally, you didn't even care to have other sprites for ORB; I added more at my own behest, because I knew orb might some-day end up in other forms for various reasons.

Also we don't have frikin' holoparasites.

Also what hostile mob looks like a humanoid robot?

Also, as for situational items....the type of situational item literally does not matter as long as it doesn't give an advantage. This is an RP FOCUSED item, not a flashy blingblang. Even if it is as stylistic as I could get it.

This is actually pretty false. There are several sprites for borgs that only exist in certain modules. Several custom sprites, too, and originally, you didn't even care to have other sprites for ORB; I added more at my own behest, because I knew orb might some-day end up in other forms for various reasons.

I did ask it as a question of clarification, as I was unaware of module-specific sprites - and you're right in that I only wished for ORB to have a security module up until I got dunked on for not supplying a sprite for every module, about a minute after the application was posted. I was simply curious.

Also we don't have frikin' holoparasites.

Also what hostile mob looks like a humanoid robot?

Fair enough.

Also, as for situational items....the type of situational item literally does not matter as long as it doesn't give an advantage. This is an RP FOCUSED item, not a flashy blingblang. Even if it is as stylistic as I could get it.

What I wanted to hear overall, thank you for responding even if I got dunked again.

+1.

Gripe: This kinda looks like a Titan from Titanfall and not terribly much like a borg. More mech-like rather than borg-like if that makes any sense.

Similarly I have the same gripe with some of the borg icons that look similarly to that description, but I'm mostly not sold on this concept.

Gripe: This kinda looks like a Titan from Titanfall and not terribly much like a borg. More mech-like rather than borg-like if that makes any sense.

.....is there a set look for borgs? Should all borgs look like rejected daleks? And I'm not entirely sure how this looks like a titan. Titans don't have heads, for one.

Second, this would be more or less a subclass. Not a cyborg: more like a robot/android. The human form-factor is a thing because humans tend to like to make humanoid robots. Mechs are also t h i c c e r, even the Odysseus. The idea here is to insinuate beefiness, and lankiness, while in a human form-factor.

Major issue: you already have a custom borg sprite, I am nearly sure that the code only supports a single custom borg sprite by ckey.

Is there any way to have it be in the smae icon-selection list as the other sprites? Or to play on an alt circumvent this? There is also the question of simply adding them as options, as different sprites are used for different modules, and thus this might be simply a first.

Push comes to shove, I'd give up coffin's security and combat module in favor of this. He's not really a sec-borg.

Edit: Is it possible to make options, basically.

Following disappointment in COFFIN's movement sprite during lag, I'll be turning this into a full scale replacement. I also plan to retire COFFIN as a character; there's no point in keeping him around when me playing him constantly leads to my inability to understand how not to gank. It's of course my own fault; SovA is better suited at my rp style, because of my own self-imposed limitations to his mannerisms and the like.

I'll be updating this with mild recreations of aegis's sprites, though these will go under a different name and will be placed under a different application (See Kyres's app; it'll have a separate name, essentially, and I'll have to go through the whole rename process if I want to change sprites and blah blah blah.) in the same post.

It was fun while it lasted, but outlandish sprites like Coffins worked only in theory, and not in practice. Now I shall revert back to less lag-dependant spritework, and hopefully away from the tendencies I've created via COFFIN's character.

• 3 weeks later...

NGL, I kinda want to deny this on the sole basis of the monstrosity that you created.

I'm going to go ahead and say "Absolutely not" to AutomaCo X-Division Utility Drones. The chassis alone looks like it is entirely unable to do clerical, rescue, and medical jobs. I could MAYBE see custodial, but I really don't for the fact that it floats. It's like the stupid old eyebot sprite people were trying to get re-added. There's no way it could do at least half of the jobs solely due to its looks.

NGL, I kinda want to deny this on the sole basis of the monstrosity that you created.

I'm going to go ahead and say "Absolutely not" to AutomaCo X-Division Utility Drones. The chassis alone looks like it is entirely unable to do clerical, rescue, and medical jobs. I could MAYBE see custodial, but I really don't for the fact that it floats. It's like the stupid old eyebot sprite people were trying to get re-added. There's no way it could do at least half of the jobs solely due to its looks.

Alright-y then. Consider those separate, uh......thingies. I'm looking to create a more serviceable looking chassis for the less important jobs (Standard, clerical, basically anything on this submission that looks like the X-division sprites), even though I play them a bit less. I might also wish to unify the other (Humanoid) chassis under a single name, For simplification's sake. X-NIR (Experimental Nanotrasen Industrial Robot)?

Lemme know what you think of that.

Alright-y then. Consider those separate, uh......thingies. I'm looking to create a more serviceable looking chassis for the less important jobs (Standard, clerical, basically anything on this submission that looks like the X-division sprites), even though I play them a bit less. I might also wish to unify the other (Humanoid) chassis under a single name, For simplification's sake. X-NIR (Experimental Nanotrasen Industrial Robot)?

Lemme know what you think of that.

Yeah, sure. Just make a chassis that can actually fit the job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...