Itanimulli's Custom Chassis App (This time with 100% less eyebot)

First things first. Here's the previous thread: https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?p=98580&sid=0e6e432f0e1127f6d884304e7a7af15d#p98580

BYOND Key: itanimulli

Character name: XHSR-SAC

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Security Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? Firstly, the security module would serve as a replacement body for Sovereign Aegis. Aegis's body is under warranty by Haphaestus, so there is no point in NT staff attempting to repair it. The android body, however, is leased under NT's regulations, so as long as he abides by the laws normally given to to all stationbounds, he is allowed to use it in case of his original body being damaged beyond repair. This body will also occasionally be inhabited by intelligence circuits. As the body is not owned by aegis, and AutomaCo seeks to data-mine as much as it can via repetitive tests, it is entirely logical for the body to have been tweaked to Aegis's liking, yet still not be his own property. The modifications that Aegis managed to request are also being looked into as the baseline for AutomaCo's security models.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for security.

Item description:

Security module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with peices easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's hands are large, incapable of holding most objects. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Combat module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's hands are large, incapable of holding most objects. It seems to have been heavily reinforced and armed to properly fight against threats. Powered hammers adorn its fist, and its chest is easily capable of emitting a deadly laser. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "ON LEASE THROUGH NT." It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Item appearance:

Security Module (Specifically intended to resemble Aegis's previous form)

K60DiUC.pngW2qPYHH.png9U9Txhk.png3xO2RSs.png

Combat Module (A reinforced version of the security module)

t6RLHG7.pngmQh2S77.pngrHq2Fsn.png2fw7DE0.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? This is a very situational item, intended to be rarely seen, because hopefully, as aegis, I rarely die. I'm soon going to add a "BORG ON DESTRUCTION" order to Aegis's medical records, if this gets added. It's presence is meant to be bittersweet. If you see it, it should usually insinuate that Aegis has died, and must now wait for his body to be repaired by professionals at Hephaestus. Besides, he'll have the same name, so. Yeah.

It's current look gives it the intimidating "Wow" factor I'd like it to have in the rare scenarios in which it would ever make a prominent appearance. I'd like it to be at least mildly concerning to look at. Buff fear rp.

Additional comments: This was already on it's way to approval; some other module sprites held it back.

Character name: XHUIR

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Engineering Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Heavy Utility Industrial Robot (XHUIR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPHUIR (Mass Production Heavy Utility Industrial Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, XHUIR is currently undergoing several trials to prove it's viability. Whereas cute machines are endearing to crew, this is intended to provide a humanoid form factor, whilst still being able to work within acceptable performance parameters. It's shape is said to promote comradely between it and the crew. After years of testing in different design attempts, it was finally shown that the ability to simply mimic the mannerisms of humans was most important. The underlying frame for all of AutomaCo's most recent products has been made uniform, with the exception of a few.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for both engineering and construction.

Item description:

Engineering module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's clamp-shaped hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and often remain at the machine's side unless needed. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards engineering. It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Construction Module:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's clamp-shaped hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and often remain at the machine's side unless needed. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards engineering. It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Item appearance:

Engineering:

94uX0i6.pngLir60eu.pngLyQZuTh.png94uX0i6.png

94uX0i6.pngLir60eu.pngLyQZuTh.png94uX0i6.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? All of AutomaCo's products emulate human decisions, but only to a degree deemed acceptable by it's current task, and only in ways that promote a positive mindset. I'd like to flesh out AutomaCo ICly, as I've a few more character-related caveats to explore.

Additional comments: This was already on it's way to approval; some other module sprites held it back.

Character name: XMIR

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Mining Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Mining Industrial Robot (XHUIR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPMIR (Mass Production Mining Industrial Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, XMIR is currently undergoing several trials to prove it's viability. Whereas cute machines are endearing to crew, this is intended to provide a humanoid form factor, whilst still being able to work within acceptable performance parameters. It's shape is said to promote comradely between it and the crew. After years of testing in different design attempts, it was finally shown that the ability to simply mimic the mannerisms of humans was most important. The underlying frame for all of AutomaCo's most recent products has been made uniform, with the exception of a few.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for mining.

Item description:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's clamp-shaped hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and often remain at the machine's side unless needed. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards mining. It seems to stare through you, rather than at you.

Item appearance:

u7ld2E8.pnge1f0AIp.pngTQ8cMye.png2P6M7sq.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? All of AutomaCo's products emulate human decisions, but only to a degree deemed acceptable by it's current task, and only in ways that promote a positive mindset. I'd like to flesh out AutomaCo ICly, as I've a few more character-related caveats to explore.

Character name: XRHUIR

Item name: AutomaCo X-Division Research Chassis

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first test run of AutomaCo's Experimental Research Heavy Utility Industrial Robot (XRHUIR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPRHUIR (Mass Production Research Heavy Utility Industrial Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, XRHUIR is currently undergoing several trials to prove it's viability. Whereas cute machines are endearing to crew, this is intended to provide a humanoid form factor, whilst still being able to work within acceptable performance parameters. It's shape is said to promote comradely between it and the crew. After years of testing in different design attempts, it was finally shown that the ability to simply mimic the mannerisms of humans was most important. The underlying frame for all of AutomaCo's most recent products has been made uniform, with the exception of a few.

Item function(s): It's basically just a borg re-sprite for research.

Item description:

A massive amalgamation of metal and innovation, put together with pieces easily acquired for heavy-duty machines. It moves with a disturbing fluidity, surprisingly fast for it's size. It's asymmetrical appendages hands are large, incapable of holding most objects, and are meant to provide maximum efficiency to the machine, with all it's tools easily able to be used. In microscopic font, on it's chest-plate, is the label: "LEASED BY NT." It appears to be geared towards research. It seems to see everything at once.

Item appearance:

NkdevWW.pnguu8iJDc.png0L0ibp4.png35YiM3A.png

Character name: XGUR

Item name:

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is the first public test run of AutomaCo's Experimental General Utility Robot (XGUR). The brain within it maintains that designation, and is meant to eventually be cloned and copied into every eventual MPUR (Mass Production Utility Robot) chassis. Allowing NT to lease the machine as a part of the test program, every XGUR is geared towards simplistic maintenance, in or out of the station, and each maintains that it must stay out of the way of crew so as not to deplete efficiency. Mostly silent, they usually speak only when spoken to, or when issues arise. Issues include items foreign to the station, or usual occurrences that might lead to a change in protocol. They are usually errand runners, and have been known to simply be utilized by command staff on other stations to relay information when communication issues arise, or when objects are physical and must be pulled. Otherwise, they simply maintain the station, keeping it clean, and free of debris. They are designed with cost effectiveness in mind, so the servos and exterior plating they poses are not as robust as what is found on the industrial variants.

Item function(s): Borg re-sprites for: Standard, Clerical, Custodial, Rescue, Service, and Medical.

Item description: (For all remaining: Standard, Clerical, Custodial, Rescue, Service, and Medical)

A somewhat cheap-looking machine with exposed joints and a bulbous central body that also serves as it's head. Most of it's instruments are hidden beneath a simple-looking screen, that does not serve much purpose other than masking it's more delicate components. A single antenna juts up above it. Headlights beneath the screen provide light when needed. Above one of these headlights, in microscopic font, is the text "LEASED BY NT."

Item appearance:

qTeVZvu.pngcPU2nr9.pngIPoFVmg.pngtuGGFtv.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? All of AutomaCo's products emulate human decisions, but only to a degree deemed acceptable by it's current task, and only in ways that promote a positive mindset. I'd like to flesh out AutomaCo ICly, as I've a few more character-related caveats to explore. I also feel like having a less talkative support-style bot might be neat.

Additional comments: THIS is what replaces the troublesome group of floaty-floaty sprites. Tish said that all that was needed was another sprite that didn't resemble eyebots or something similar to that. So, here we are: A neat little humanoid that should also fit in with the other sprites pretty well.

• 1 month later...