Karihaakaki's Wooden Vox Mask

BYOND Key: DronzTheWolf

Character name: Keziah Green (Karihaakaki)

Item name: Wooden Mask

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

As a trader, Karihaakaki would want to look less intimidating. With this wooden mask, he'd look less like a pirate and more like a friend, at least that is what he thinks. It would also be molded to fit his face, so it's more comfortable than the plastic oxygen mask that he'd been wearing.[/hr]

Item function(s): It would function as a mask for him to breathe nitrogen though, so he can breathe. As well as being something to wear that can set him apart from the other Merchants.

Item description: A wooden mask for non-human proportions, it has craftsmanship of uncanny precision.

Item appearance:

Front_Mask.pngBack_Mask.pngMask_Left.pngMask_Right.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? It will make a bit of a conversation piece for the people who come to browse, buy, or barter with him, as well as make him stand out from the raider Vox in antag rounds.

Additional comments: I have to make this on Keziah Green, since he's my base character for Karihaakaki to spawn as for Merchant. It would spawn on him for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...

This is cool. I got to meet Karihaakaki ingame, and if he becomes a recurring character, he'd make a much more memorable appearance if he has something to be tied to.

Now, my question is: this mask is wood. So it's not EVA-worthy, is it? He has to be in a pressurized environment to use it effectively?

This is cool. I got to meet Karihaakaki ingame, and if he becomes a recurring character, he'd make a much more memorable appearance if he has something to be tied to.

Now, my question is: this mask is wood. So it's not EVA-worthy, is it? He has to be in a pressurized environment to use it effectively?

It would be a sealed/laminated wood. A lot of Vox things are kinda odd technologically, but I'd imagine it would be wood over what is pretty much a regular oxygen/nitrogen mask. It would have to be sealed like that because oxygen is poison to Vox.

It would be a sealed/laminated wood. A lot of Vox things are kinda odd technologically, but I'd imagine it would be wood over what is pretty much a regular oxygen/nitrogen mask. It would have to be sealed like that because oxygen is poison to Vox.

That makes a lot more sense.

Application accepted.

• 2 weeks later...