Natascha Sukhoi's Notebook

BYOND Key: LanceLynxx

Character name: Natascha Sukhoi

Item name: Inventor's Notebook or just plain Research Notebook, if first option is unfitting

Why is your character carrying said item to work?:

Natascha's been in science for a while now, and has made some interesting discoveries over time.

Basically, all the scientific research that he has made, from scribbles to full research paper drafts, circuit printer designs, experiment notes, etcetera.

He uses it to take notes or to have a quick-reference for himself or others.

Pretty much a essential item for a curious researcher/inventor not to get lost in his head, or share information.

Both a personal item, but also for use on the job.

Item function(s):

Works like a folder; Add and remove paper, basically.

Bonus points if it is possible to tuck it under the arm like a clipboard for extra style, but that is a luxury, really.

I would add content every round using any normal paper bin and copypasting saved stuff from elsewhere.

Item description:

A dark-green notebook, with crumpled Post-Its sticking out and binding tearing at the edges. It reeks of DromedaryCo cigarettes. The words "SUKH SYSTEMS" are scribbled on the cover with a black sharpie. Very scientific.

Item appearance:

Before doing this app, I went through ALL the past item apps for ideas and general knowledge of what is accepted and what isn't, and found one that was exactly what I was thinking of, which is in this other thread: https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=3970&p=39469&hilit=

So, I don't know what is the policy on it, but that item app was made in 2015 and I've never seen that character in science, so, basically I just need that sprite from the other thread reskinned in dark green instead of blue.

Sprite to reskin in green: http://www.mediafire.com/view/9uazgj2jn7uledo/halo_notebook.dmi

Thanks to @UnknownMurder I now have the SUKH BIBLE. He was kind enough to sprite it.

Sprite here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_sOb_F3VYXa_a8sf_-xxBYunBG10DaPi/view?usp=sharing

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

Not only it is a good conversation piece, but it also serves a function. Could be used as a reference sheet for many things like circuits, in a IC setting, which I find much more fun to learn and teach than going in LOOC and such. Furthermore, the contents will only increase with time, as Natascha keeps discovering new things.

Also, it could be something of value for sneaky scientists trying to rip off his ideas or obtain information. Or even a syndie contract......

Additional comments:

Can't beat a good SUKH

Edited by Guest

Dr. Natascha Sukhoi is an unique scientist. It would appear to me as a player. that she is the only "scientist" actually engaging in more inventions and experiments while other scientists just sits around and complain to mining for more minerals then maxing R&D. By spriting this, I deliver a +1 to this application and let it be know that this custom item would help her engage into everlasting creativity ideas than plain boring repetitive workplace.

You deserve to have this booklet and I, a regular player, encourage you to fill out a head of staff application. You truly deserve all the recognition and respect from Research and Development and to receive an award in January. Well done.

Sukhoi constantly and consistently tries to expand on roleplay and develop the scientific field (ICly speaking, of course, given the lack of mechanics for a proper development of science), and this is such a small item to make any issues over.

+1, I fully support the character having a personal notebook.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal belief is that Sukhoi can be a little off the hinges sometimes, especially as myself playing Command and them making AIs without filing paperwork. However, beyond this, I believe that a custom item that's just another folder-copy wouldn't be overly hard to accomplish.

I'm giving this a +1 as Sukhoi is a great person to RP with, and RPs both their flaws and good bits well. I'd like to see them use it as a conversation starter, "Oh hey, look what I made its in my notebook!" Something like that, yknow?

• 3 weeks later...