Ron's Coder Application

Ckey/BYOND Username: Printer16

Position Being Applied For: Coder

Past Experiences/Knowledge: Self-taught some DM, some LUA from GMOD, and some PAWN from GTA:SAMP. Never took any real coding classes or anything like that. I'm not the best at DM, but I feel like I've learned quite a bit and I'm continually getting better at it.

Examples of Past Work: Things from Aurora:https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=%20is%3Apr%20author%3Aprinter16%20

Preferred Mode of Communication (Skype, Steam, etc.): Discord and Steam.

Additional Comments: I hate bugs. Also, I understand there may be some concerns over my previous conduct on the server, though I assure you and I have hopefully reflected in-game recently that I am ensuring that I remain level-headed when in situations and ensuring that I remain by the rules when doing activities.

We have the issue that people join the dev team then quickly realize that there is a expectation to actually code stuff and be able to finish it by a certain date.

Due to that we have had devs that joined the dev team only to drop out a few weeks later after realizing that there are expectations.

Why do you wish to be in the dev team ?

Are you willing to work on projects you might get assigned and finish them until a specific due date ? (i.e. stuff needed for events, important fixes, ...)

Why do you wish to be in the dev team ?

I wish to be apart of the development team as I enjoy collaborating and working together with others to complete projects. Part of the reason I enjoy coding with an open source game like this is because there is that window of being able to publicly push out a change, receive feedback, change it as required, and learn and further increase your understanding of the code. I enjoy Aurora and have been playing on it for quite a while, and I enjoy making new features to make the game more enjoyable for others to play. While you can already do this without being apart of the development due to the source being on github, I feel that joining the development team would allow me to receive further knowledge and be apart of the process of developing and pushing changes that are important to the progression of the server.

Are you willing to work on projects you might get assigned and finish them until a specific due date ? (i.e. stuff needed for events, important fixes, ...)

I am willing to commit my time as needed to complete projects that need to be done by a certain time.

• 1 month later...