Looking for wiki developers!

Hello hello!

I was recently appointed by Jackboot as the Wiki manager/overseer. It's way overdue for the Wiki to be fixed and all prettied up to actually make it useful.

It is a rather large undertaking - and as such, I'll be looking for people to help making the wiki great again, since right now there is only one dedicated wiki developer.

To apply, simply make a standard application - I'll be reviewing them and we'll go from there.

As a wiki developer, you will:

-Clean up the attic of the wiki (so many ancient articles that need updating or pruning...)

-Correct pages

-Help establishing a standard for the wiki

-Keep everything updated and working

-Work with the lore team to keep pages up to date and relevant

-And many more fun tasks!

Happy trails!

• Arrow768 pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

So hey, apparently I've been made the new wiki lead. Funky how that works. And in spite of a nearly four year gap between this post and the original, Aurora's need for wiki maintainers remains true: the wiki still needs work and touching up in a lot of areas - especially for new content that hasn't had a page made yet - and the upcoming NBT is going to exacerbate this to another level in some regards.

Thus we're going to need all the help we can get! Your work will mostly be the following:

• Cleaning up and updating any obviously old/incorrect pages and headings.
  • Updating pictures and other media, mostly in the form of sprites.
  • Creating new pages for important content that doesn't already have it.
  • Creating, updating, or expanding upon guides for gameplay mechanics, jobs, and other stuff.
  • Consolidating bits of information spread around the wiki into the relevant sections so that info isn't scattered all about.
  • Moderating and approving/denying edits made by non-maintainers, according to the edit's accuracy and adherence to standards and legibility.

All of the above can be done at your leisure; there aren't really any deadlines and I won't be breathing down your neck for something to be done. A lot of the stuff you'll be focusing on will probably come about from the community pointing out incorrect info or ugly formatting on pages that they've stumbled across.

Lastly, if contributing to the wiki is something you want to do but have no clue how formatting, standardization, or how the general workflow of wiki work goes, I will teach you all of that. It's a lot simpler than you may think.

Looking forward to seeing your application!

Edit: In addition to becoming a maintainer, you get access to the staff discord where more important decisions are made and you're even given a pink name! WHOA!!!

Edited by Burrito Justice
here's some motivation to sign up!!!