[Accepted] Ezuo's Mod App

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Ezuo

Character Name(s): https://i.imgur.com/qLWrnLP.png

AI Name(s): F.L.I.T used to be one

Preferred means of contact: Discord

Timezone: +10GMT

When are you on Aurora?: A lot of the time after work I'll jump on for a round or 2. So after 1700/1730.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: A pretty long time, on and off since Hypatia.

How long have you played on Aurora: I got a badmin to pull the numbers, 2016-10-18 03:22:50

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Quite a lot, I'd say. I could probably one man most, if not all departments.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Specifically SS13, no, but I've had a few short lived positions during the dying age of HL2RP.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No bans here

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I find it a lot more engaging than other things. Even if I take a hiatus from it, I always find myself slipping back into the SS13 scene.

Why do you play on Aurora?: Aurora has a good balance of fun and HRP. There isn't the "fun police" here, like on some other servers that shall remain unnamed.

What do moderators do?: Well, they moderate. They keep an eye on things, and manage any troublemakers/disputes between players. They enforce the rules, but are not the law. They could also act as mentors to players requiring help, giving them a nudge in the right direction.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: To be a moderator, you still need to be a player. You're not suddenly on a different plane of expectation because you have more trust placed in you. To be a good moderator you need to hold yourself to a higher set of expectations, ensuring that you do your best and keep out of petty squabbles with your team members.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Australia's primetime is in the middle of deadhour, and there can sometimes be no staff coverage at all during those times. I think that another staff member in this timezone would help balance out that issue.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I've always had good communication skills, and years of being in a shitty relationship has given me the ability to just step back, take a deep breath, and consider things factually. I currently work in software support, and in that job I am expected to have good communication skills, keep up a professional attitude, and take any comments irritated customers in stride. I'm not afraid to call in someone who knows better if I'm having trouble with something, and I'm regularly used to recognizing and escalation situations to the proper team.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I used to have a problem in my early teens with it, but I've really gotten a good grip on my emotions since then.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I prefer to multiply, actually.

I walked in on msay and was warmly greeted by Ezuo. wtf is happening to msay. :ree: :ee: :ee: !!!

No but in all seriousness, both Pikljar and Ezuo have struck me as extremely polite and good hearted individuals. Which is a good sign, provided their rulings are on point as well! Keep it up folks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...