[Accepted] Tailson's Moderator Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Tailson

Character Name(s): Rex Winters, Kere'Selsh Qorina, ASSIST, PocketBuddy 2.0

AI Name(s): Harmony, Glow

Discord username + tag: Chris#9941

Timezone: GMT

When are you on Aurora?: Usually about 6 my time until about midnight. Weekends I'm on a lot more frequently.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: I think it may be approaching about a year now? I've been a more consistent player since I subbed to Byond, almost exactly three months ago according to the warnings I get.

How long have you played on Aurora: See above. Only played on Aurora.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I like to think I have a fairly solid grasp on how the game works by now. I have a lot of practice with science, engineering, AI and borgs in general. I'm lacking in medical and security knowledge, though more mechanically than anything. I'm quite up to speed on in-lore regulations for both departments.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Clean record.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: Largely to unwind. It's not much more complicated than that. I enjoy the roleplay and the events that tend to play out each round.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I'm a sucker for roleplay. Gave other servers a shot and wasn't exactly thrilled. May try them another time, but I think I'm on the Aurora to stay, thanks to friends I've made.

What do moderators do?: At the most basic level, mods make sure things are running smoothly and that everyone is enjoying themselves. Stepping in to look at the occasional skullduggery and doing what they can to make sure everyone involved walks away satisfied.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: I'm not sure how much this differs from the previous question. In a general sense, moderators do what I've already said. What they do on this server I suppose requires some decent interpretation skills. The nature of roleplay being what it is, you need to consider that bonus layer of where things can go wrong or where people can fall out. Is it an IC or OOC issue? Important to be able to differentiate and point people in the right direction.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I've been playing on the server for a long old time, and would like to help give back a little. Skull won't take my goddamn money so I'll put my mouth where my money is and lend a hand instead. Also, [mention]Sharp[/mention] told me to do it.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: Bottomless well of patience and decent humour, mature outlook on life and good written and spoken English skills. Also, past experience moderating other things.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Like a duck deals with water on its back.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I'm finally getting around to this. I had meant to do it earlier but it takes a certain amount of boredom to actively want to fill out and online form on a forum.

I have never witnessed Tailson lose their cool, and I think they generally maintain a good/constructive presence both as a character and as a player in a given round. While I can't understand why they seem willing to subject themselves to the rigors of being moderation staff, I'd be happy to see them get a shot at it.

I have never witnessed Tailson lose their cool, and I think they generally maintain a good/constructive presence both as a character and as a player in a given round. While I can't understand why they seem willing to subject themselves to the rigors of being moderation staff, I'd be happy to see them get a shot at it.

I'm a sucker for punishment. :)

• 5 weeks later...