ASTRID

HALIOS

Discord username + tag: Drago#1720

Timezone: PST

When are you on Aurora?: Normaly mornings, late nights

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: For around a year and a half now

How long have you played on Aurora: About 8 months of that time

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Most of my time on ss13 has been playing on Aurora or baystation builds. Often times when I am not online I will setup my listen server and practice my spriting skills aswell as self teaching myself baystation based code such as used on Aurora

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: I have experience with the commands and abilities and the more in-depth parts of administration, however not on a server. I however have admined and developed and wrote lore for multiple other game servers, having coded for a GMOD server and acting as head of server production for that server that reachs a pop of about 50-60 players weekly, having to daily deal with situations and resolve issues between multiple different partys

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Twice, one for a misunderstanding involving ghosting and needing to leave for awhile and the other for screwing around which I understand was and is wrong, if the interviewer wishs to inquire deeper then I went with the banner I will do so but its more so personal reasons which have been resolved

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: SS13 is one of the more in-depth games I have ever laid hands onto. People complain that its hard to get into or that its engine limits it when I find both to be the opposite. The UI is clunky and bothersome when you first try it yes, but as you slowly begin to play it and understand its mechanics, it becomes one of you're more favorite and enjoyable games

Why do you play on Aurora?: Aurora is a heavy roleplay oriented gamemode. While this may sound like "No fun zone" to some, its quite honestly not. Aurora is one of the most serious and well developed, mechanic and lore wise on SS13 and for this reason, that and how nice every interaction with staff has been, it makes me feel welcomed

What do moderators do?: Moderators ensure the cogs keep on turning. Moderators aren't the fun ruining police but do the exact opposite. By ensuring a quality of role-play is ensured, Moderators are able to keep the server fun and engaging by the players, aswell as fun and fair for all sides

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: To be a moderator is a way of serving the community and keeping it running; helping the playerbase solve disputes aswell as keeping events or such running in check and working along side the higher up staff team

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to be a moderator to give back to the community that has become a family of sorts to me, a community and staff team that i feel happy safe and comfterble talking to about any issue I have, be it personal or game related; I wish to serve the community as it has served me

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

[*]Creative

[*]Kind

[*]Compassionate

[*]Caring

[*]Loving

[*]Game Mechanic Comptent

[*]Hard Working

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Stress can be a good thing or a bad thing but I have learned to handle it quite well. People are playing a video game and may get angry, I however think this gives you a chance to work them towards having a more positive outlook by helping them understand there flaw rather then outright punishments

Anything Else You Want to Add: (Do not put words here)

vCTIzLa.jpg

XSiCTjK.jpg

(Thought it would be good to include a voucher for past admin experiance, if needed I can have more posted)

I am not sure if replies are acceptable on an application to moderator in the community, but I will say that I have observed QueenofYugoslavia to be a Saavy and intuitive administrator on her projects with Garry'smod. Her logistic skills and art of persuasion has only been matched with her quick-thinking and level-headed thinking.

My word honestly does not mean much, but I can say she'd make a great member of the community, should god be willing to grant her knowledge and patience to pass trialmod.

would it be possible to include this tid bit

Drago - Today at 3:45 PM

And sure. though let me clarify that things like staffing sorta infact help relive stress; I feel less stressed when I can help people out

Flamingo - Today at 3:45 PM

Though it seems you are doing just fine.

Yes, I feel the same way. Actually moderating doesn’t stress me.

Drago - Today at 3:45 PM

Yeah, its not that stressful

Just avoid drama and you are fine

moreso to clarify on the issue of stress, dont want it seeming like i get burned out or such

Flamingo - Today at 7:14 PM

Sure, though I can’t edit it at the moment, as I am not at my pc. You can reply with it if you like to clarify. Just say “after the end of the interview.” Or something.

Forgot to add this tid bit

My main piece of feedback from your interview is this:

Drago - Today at 11:49 AM

Well, this is obviously somebody that is very new to this game or server so to ensure a more calm conversation and to make future interactions more comfterble; as in the player isnt turned off from the server but to ensure they know this type of behavior isnt for this game. I would move to the perso and engage a conversation in looc. People for some reason often interpriet getting bwoinked as being in trouble or such and while this behavior is memey and unserious I would opt to at first talk to the person in looc and link them the rules and help them to understand how this type of game works

It is generally best to keep LOOC and moderation seperate, especially in the case of a player who's actions are in conflict with the rules.

Note that administrative feedback sent to myself and Berry is the bottom line for whether or not applications go through, and your previous notes play a big part in this. Personally, I'm vouching for you.

You'll recieve word within two days, apologies for the short delay.

My main piece of feedback from your interview is this:

Drago - Today at 11:49 AM

Well, this is obviously somebody that is very new to this game or server so to ensure a more calm conversation and to make future interactions more comfterble; as in the player isnt turned off from the server but to ensure they know this type of behavior isnt for this game. I would move to the perso and engage a conversation in looc. People for some reason often interpriet getting bwoinked as being in trouble or such and while this behavior is memey and unserious I would opt to at first talk to the person in looc and link them the rules and help them to understand how this type of game works

It is generally best to keep LOOC and moderation seperate, especially in the case of a player who's actions are in conflict with the rules.

Note that administrative feedback sent to myself and Berry is the bottom line for whether or not applications go through, and your previous notes play a big part in this. Personally, I'm vouching for you.

You'll recieve word within two days, apologies for the short delay.

Understood. I ment it more as a way for players whom are new to feel more connected and able to talk to staff but I see the issue and will correct it; thank you for the feedback

So I went over your application and I think it's pretty decent. You've got cited experience and people vouching for you, while I'm not really familiar with GM at all, I'll take your word for it. The interview was pretty good, a few issues on the process but those mistakes are expected for a person with no experience with SS13 moderation and can be taught.

There is however an issue and that you do have recent staff entries. So while the application itself is good, your history does raise concerns, since you'd be expected to enforce said rules on other players.

So the concern is how would you enforce rules that you potentially do not understand?

Would you still consider applying in the future? Assuming this application is denied at this time.

So I went over your application and I think it's pretty decent. You've got cited experience and people vouching for you, while I'm not really familiar with GM at all, I'll take your word for it. The interview was pretty good, a few issues on the process but those mistakes are expected for a person with no experience with SS13 moderation and can be taught.

There is however an issue and that you do have recent staff entries. So while the application itself is good, your history does raise concerns, since you'd be expected to enforce said rules on other players.

So the concern is how would you enforce rules that you potentially do not understand?

Would you still consider applying in the future? Assuming this application is denied at this time.

Should it be denied, I would reapply yes. I understand I have not had the best history and that I have made some dumb mistakes yes but at this time I am confident in my ability to understand the rules and enforce the rules on the server. While yes, I have messed up; I do iterate again that I understand the rules and how to enforce them properly in a way players can understand and follow. Understanding this and my past; I do wish for the chance to prove myself with moderation trial that I have improved and am capable and able to serve the community with the idea of a fun but heavy serious rp oriented gamemode in mind and the rules that go along with that. I have made quite a journey and I am not done on that, and will not be done. Even after proving myself I wish to continue to seek to better myself and use my skills and personality and ability as a moderator to serve the community.

I have been described in the past as a moldable piece of clay. I know I can do this and I want to do this; and know I can achieve that goal given the chance to do so

You have a chain of consistent interactions with staff, up until recently too, while the interview and application shows promise, at this point we can't really trust you to uphold the rules that you have yet to show to be able to follow without issue, we encourage you to apply in the future, after you've shown you fully understand the rules and can abide by them.

But for today, your application is denied.