[Retracted] Ornias' Real Mod App (real)

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: Ornias

Character Name(s): Joie Desai, Astor Noton, Luka Brala, Mitchell Guess, Harley O'Ryan (R.I.P.), Wearing Face Over Mask, Cael Volvalaad

AI Name(s): I used to play one named 'Hecate' back in the day , eons ago. I also play the robot C-Bot TY-33 rarely.

Discord username + tag: Ornias#5012

Timezone: NZST

When are you on Aurora?: Evenings for a few rounds on the daily.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: ~ 2 years.

How long have you played on Aurora: ~ 2 years.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: A pretty decent amount, but I know fuck all about Engineering.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Yeah uhhhhhhhh

I got banned for abusing Ahelps a while ago. It was banter at the time, and I got punished for overdoing it. Toned it back before I got my ass kicked off this Earth.

I also got banned by Garn for 24 hours by server vote because I called the crew transfer shuttle. It was a big joke and we all laughed so it doesn't count

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I'm super into Roleplay, and I'm pretty addicted and committed to my characters at this point.

Why do you play on Aurora?: See above, because they're pretty much one in the same. I don't play anything but Aurora.

What do moderators do?: Moderators are pretty much tasked with making sure that the server runs smoothly. Banning players is part of it, but I think it's the wrong mindset to think of it as only banning rulebreakers. Talking to people who are skirting the rules before they step over the line is best for everyone.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: Helping out the boys, being part of a team, and working for the best of the community.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to have a say in what the best course is for the server to go down, as well as the more cliché just helping out. I think I could do the job well, and I want to see the station become the best it could be.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: Aside from being relatively active and involved, I'm pretty strongly interested in promoting heavier roleplay. I'm also like normally chill as.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Pretty well, I think. Sometimes things have dissolved to insults, but that's rare and has only happened like. Twice over the course of two years? idk

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I'm not gonna meme as staff

much

I've already linked you the previous application in our discussions, which was effectively a joke. Why did you do it? How can I be sure you're not wasting our time with this as well?

That one was a clear joke which got giggles and was closed before anything happened with it.

This one is serious, and was written with serious answers.

There's also indication that you lose interest. We try to keep our staff for the long term, is there any indication you won't just leave a week in? Or just disappear after your trial is concluded? Assuming it's a pass.

• 1 month later...