[Accepted] House_Of_Synth's 2nd Moderator Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: House_Of_Synth

Character Name(s): Ikrad Yam'hir, Teletraan, Arrko'vi Az'dirra to name a few.

AI Name(s): Teletraan

Discord username + tag: House_Of_Synth#7383

Timezone: GMT

When are you on Aurora?: For the next 2 and a half months I can be around whenever. But during schooltime usually afterschool and on weekends.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Just over two years.

How long have you played on Aurora: Same as above, just over two years.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Quite a bit, I have knowledge in most departments.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: I was a moderator for just over a year and an admin for around 3-4 months after that on Aurora. Took leave due to exams.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: I do indeed.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Nope

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I play for fun, I enjoy the game and it's community.

Why do you play on Aurora?: It's the setting that best suits me, the rules are fair and just for HRP and the community is great. Development is active and the staff team are nice to be around.

What do moderators do?: They ensure that a set standard of RP is maintained on the server as much as possible. They make sure that the players are following the rules. They keep the peace and ensure a fun environment for those who are playing.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: Being a moderator on aurora takes maturity. A moderator is an example that the player base shouldn't be afraid to follow. Therefore, to be a moderator on aurora means that you understand and follow the rules to a good enough degree so that you can spot and deal with those who do not follow them.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: To aid the community and keep it running. Also because I retired due to my exams, which are now over and done with.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I've had a good amount of experience. I'd like to say I'm level headed and fair. I'd also like to think I'm quite mature. But I'll let others be the judge of that.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Fine, I know my limits. If someone gets on my nerves I know not to retaliate for that just makes things worse. If a situation got out of hand I would know to step back and ask for help.

Anything Else You Want to Add: I never shot abo in the back with a sniper. It's all lies and slandar

TRAITOR.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just kidding, hiya Synth.

Obligatory question: Do you feel you will have better availability this school year than you did last year? Do you anticipate leaving the team the next time you have tests if accepted?

The Empire did nothing wrong

I'm glad you brought this up since it's an important question. Now the reason I retired wasn't completely due to the exams themselves. It was more to do with my time management leading up to the exams. See GCSEs take place at the end of year 11. And most subjects take two years to go through the entire course. Especially maths. Now my issue was that I didn't really push myself at all in year 10. So it left gaps in my knowledge. Big gaps. So come january of year 11 and it's time for my mock exams. At this point I've done little study and am slowly digging a hole for myself. I end up procrastinating if I'm not careful, which is most of the time. So I get the mock results back and they were alright. Apart from maths, which one, I needed for my next subjects in A-levels and two, I failed. At this point it's the beginning of march and I only have a few months to buckle down and get these grades up before I screw myself over entirely. Since I was squeezing all this studying in last minute pretty much, I had little time for anything else. More specifically I wanted to minimise my distractions, hence my decision to retire on the fourth of march roughly.

My plan this year is basically to not fall behind. If I stay on top of my work start to finish, going over it regularly and basically putting my all into it, I won't need to cram loads of stuff in in the final months, which will allow me to relax a little and I'll have time to be around since I won't be panicking as I'll have already learnt it.

Tl;Dr Time management was terrible as I had thought nothing out and hadn't really tried. Am going to make sure I do not fall behind next academic year so that the same thing does not happen. Because oh my god it was hell

Hope this answers your question ok!

Updated interview:

Catnip - Today at 10:09 PM

Hello.

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:10 PM

Hai

Catnip - Today at 10:10 PM

Got time?

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:10 PM

Course. What's up?

Catnip - Today at 10:12 PM

Here's your first trial, read through it in its entirety and let me know, one by one, if there's anything you'd change in your answers now.

https://pastebin.com/xGXXc7Z7

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:12 PM

Oh memories. Sure thing I'll run through it

Catnip - Today at 10:13 PM

Almost three years, yeah.

Take your time, be concise.

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:13 PM

That interview with serv took 3 days. Was a fun one

And yeah, will do

Alrighty. I'd say those answers are fine. All I would change is the fact that I didn't specifically state that I would note those I didn't warn, as everything should be noted, however minor. I'm not seeing any evidence of jumping to conclusions either and evidence is sourced from the resources a mod has.

I could probably have been a little more thorough in regard to the permabrigged player. For example asking the staff on whether they knew the HoS' ckey. Of course nowadays the WI can be used. This would allow me to perhaps talk to the player of the HoS which would allow me to find out exactly why the player was brigged. Otherwise I think everything else is sound regarding that scenario.

In the next scenario I didn't specify whether or not a note was placed on the officer that shot the HoS. Since they had no notes I would have left a note detailing the incident. And warned them not to do it again verbally.

As for the QM who was powergaming, I'd say that was handled fine. I didn't ask whether the QM had notes however, and if they did have notes regarding powergaming I would have banned them, instead of warning them.

The scenario with the admin abuse was handled fine, I believe. Reporting it to the headmins and gathering evidence to support it is the right course of action there imo. Not much more you could do as a mod in that situation.

I'm also still pretty sure people are fine with me OOC. Can't hate someone who hasn't been around for 4 months :^)(edited)

I think that covers everything regarding that interview. Unless you spotted anything?

Catnip - Today at 10:31 PM

Alright. Few more questions.

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:31 PM

Go for

Catnip - Today at 10:35 PM

First off, a lot can change in four months. You were 15 when you first applied and you're coming on 18 now, IIRC, so my question here is do you believe you've changed as a person at all since you were last staff; has your patience, attitude, etc. diminished or increased significantly?

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:44 PM

(I turn 17 in jan 2019) I'd like to say I've gained maturity but it's hard to judge your own maturity due to self bias and such. I have quite a lot of patience I think, if my patience wears thin I don't become angry or annoyed at people because it doesn't really accomplish anything. I'd like to think I hold a positive 'can-do' attitude and I don't think I've done anything to prove otherwise. I got on well with the staff before I retired and I'd like to think I still do. My exams stressed me out pretty bad but now they're over with I got no worries or stresses. But that doesn't mean if I did have something causing stress IRL, I'd take it out on those around me. Hopefully this answers the points you wanted.

Catnip - Today at 10:47 PM

Gotcha. Last one here: What are your thoughts on re-doing a trial? Many mechanics, policies and such have changed, and while I'm not going to give you the illusion of a choice, I'd like to know how you feel about running through another month trial, despite resigning in good graces from the position of admin a few months ago.

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:52 PM

I really have no issue with it. Not only have policies changed, I'm also a little out of practice due to barely logging in over the months I was gone. So it'll take some time for me to get back in the swing of things. Sure it's very mildly disappointing having been a mod for over a year, getting a promotion and then going to mod again. But I'm fine with that to be honest. Mod or admin I'll still be able to help out on the server and deal with ahelps so it makes no difference to me.

Catnip - Today at 10:52 PM

Okay, thanks for your time. Any issue with this going on your application?

House_Of_Synth - Today at 10:52 PM

None at all.

Thank you for the time, also.

• 1 month later...