[Accepted] Yonnimer's Moderator App

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account:

Yonnimer

Character Name(s):

Russo Trosk, Grown By Star Light, Sailing Through The Void, Roman, Michael, A.I.M, M.I.K.A, Healing Roots Of Stars, Bright, C.I.D-6, Hound-2, Watchers Of Rain, Makers Of Light, Tin.

AI Name(s):

No AIs

Discord username + tag:

Yonnimer#7387

Timezone:

Eastern Standard Time

When are you on Aurora?:

Usually around 4-6am-8-11pmish

Experience

How long have you played SS13?:

11ish months

How long have you played on Aurora:

11ish months

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?:

I know most of the mechanics and department knowledge outside of engineering

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?:

No. Although i'm a discord mod on the science discord.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?:

Never been banned.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?:

It's just fun and addicting. Every round feels different than the last. The community for the game is also rather nice.

Why do you play on Aurora?:

Mechanics are just more fun here, as well as good rules and a good community to keep the server going and the roleplay good.

What do moderators do?:

Enforce the rules, do what they can to keep rounds fun and interesting. Help new players out and to learn the game.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?:

To keep the rules enforced, help keep the rounds fun and interesting for the players, and help new players learn the ropes of the game.

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I want to help out the server after what it's given for me. Playing here has been fun, the moderators and admins keeping it so, and I wanna help out to give the same experience to new players.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?:

I feel like I can handle my cool when dealing with a ahelp, make sure the investigation is done right and all that. and I know enough to be able to help with questions about some mechanics of the game.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?:

I can handle them. Rare to actually get angry or stressed over a game, outside of joking around.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

Not really, but thank you for reading the app.

I'll give Yonnimer a +1 on their trial thus far. During a particularly strange vampire round, I ended up falling off of the merchant Z-Level and teleporting directly into telecomms (where I was briefly stuck.) They were reasonably confused by this (as I was) and asked why I was in telecomms. The ticket was handled swiftly and in a friendly way which left me feeling a little bit less anxious about hearing the 'Bwoink!' sound at the end of the day.

• 4 weeks later...