[Accepted] TrickingTrapster's Moderator (Re) App

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: TrickingTrapster

Character Name(s): Yumi Yotin, Sabrina Souler, Liara Daegus, Miriam Aventis (There's a whole bunch more but these are the most regularly played)

AI Name(s): T.T.

Discord username + tag:Tricking Trapster#3562

Timezone: Netherlands ( CEST according to a google search? )

When are you on Aurora?: Pretty much when I'm not doing something that requires my total focus (which is most of the time, can probably do more if asked)

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Around 3 to 4 years? Not entirely sure, didn't count.

How long have you played on Aurora: Same as above, Aurora was my first server.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I think I know a lot about every department. Obviously not everything, but most of it.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Yes, I've been a moderator and secondary admin on this server before.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: Because I really enjoy roleplay. Originally it was a game a friend recommended to me but it grew on me immensely.

Why do you play on Aurora?: Because it is literally the best server for actual roleplay as far as I know. Friendly community and great characters.

What do moderators do?: To make a comparison, Moderators are like teacher's helpers. They will help you if you have questions and keep the class (players) in line if they step out of the bounds of the rules.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means making sure everyone has an enjoyable experience roleplaying with eachother. It means resolving disputes and answering questions about mechanics, and helping newcomers to the server feel at home.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Because I genuinely want to help the server out. I've done this before and know the ropes, and I noticed a lot of moderators leaving recently. Thought I could at least fill the gaps left behind.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: Hard to judge oneself, but here goes. I feel I'm very good at keeping my cool when dealing with players, and as far as I remember never lashed out when handling an ahelp.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Probably depends on the amount and what it's about. A player insulting me over getting banned is no sweat, but I probably shouldn't start taking ahelps when real life is making me incredibly angry for example. Very situational.

Anything Else You Want to Add: Regarding the reasons I left the team before: I'm 100% sure I'm over that. I had a rough period but it's behind me now and I'm able to move forward with a clear mind.

I've been specifically asked to provide feedback, the honest kind so here we go.

• Antag bias. This is not something I think you can refute at all. Not long ago you went on a rant about how you were forcefully cyborgified during a malfunction round, where there was a ton of build up and publicity to the intentions of the AI. It wasn't something that was a gank in the least or anything, it was well built up. So you went on a rant in moderator chat and then entered storage. Had I not been specifically playing, I'd have most likely intervened.

• Your resignation. Again, being honest here. Your resignation was us pushing you out of the door. I researched the specifics and you apparently only placed 10 entries, your activity over a long period of time was simply unacceptable to the point your existence was forgotten. You argued you took questions, but we all do. Pulling your weight is important.

• Blame game. You blamed me for ruining your enjoyment to the game due to decisions on one of your character, who did NOT align with the rules on numerous occasions. This is an extension to your topic of activity, as the blame for your inactivity was partially placed on me.

• Interpreting things how you want. It's relevant to the above but you basically interpreted things how you wanted it to be, even though you were present in our discussions and have been part of staff for a long period of time, to the point where I had to intervene as a Head Administrator to tell one of my Secondary Administrators to stop rule breaking activity. This did not please me at all, and even when it was brought to the rest of the team per my suggestion, the staff were in agreement with my judgement. There were a lot of excuses by you which didn't align with the facts.

Now, that being said, I am still fine with you entering a trial if the above is not going to be a problem. At one point you were consistent with your activity, you were around but when it came to work, it felt there was little done by you, especially in the last 6 months. I'm not sure if I can ever support your nomination to administration should the trial be given and you pass it.

I would like to refute part of that first point. Yes, I really hate cult and that's no secret, so I do have some antag bias, but that's why I deliberately don't play during those rounds. And I'm not blaming the AI in that round in the slightest, they were doing fine, and the fact that I got cyborgified was fine - But the way the borgs executed it was just dumb. They literally ignored every single attempt at RP I made and felt like they were just greentexting. Aside from that I don't enjoy playing borg in the slightest so I would probably have gone to storage either way.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure the things shouldn't be a problem. And yes, I know I messed up and I do hope to make amends somehow, and maybe someday you can trust me enough for that again. Until then I can at least do my best as a moderator.

• 1 month later...