[Accepted] Sever Moderator - EngineersDream

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: EngineersDream

Character Name(s): Fae McDonald, Emma Vasilyev, Nicole Wright, Krachen of Timber, Annabelle Puringer, Noise of a Dying Planet

AI Name(s): Affinity

Discord username + tag: RocketCow#5210

Timezone: GMT+1 (CET)

When are you on Aurora?: Usually between 20:00 - 24:00 GMT+1

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: 7 or 8 years on and off. My last active phase has been about 2 years now.

How long have you played on Aurora: Since January 2015, according to the server’s database, though I’m sure I took a break somewhere in there. So probably 1.5-2 years.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I have a pretty robust knowledge of most mechanics, except for medical and telescience. Most other departments I can handle myself in.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: I enjoy roleplaying, have a knack for SciFi and am generally interested in games with a lot of depth. SS13 fit like a glove.

Why do you play on Aurora?: It’s the first HRP Server I tried, I liked it and stuck around.

What do moderators do?: They make sure that the round flows well, take care of questions, technical problems and the occasional shitter.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means to take responsibility within a community with all the benefits and stress that comes with it.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Because I want to give back to a community that I really enjoy being a part of and make sure that as many people as possible can enjoy playing on the server as possible.

Also Catnip told me to apply

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I like to think that I’m quite level-headed and patient. I also like to think that I’m good with people and tend to keep my cool.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Deep breathing and taking a step back, remaining calm and as objective as possible, rolling my eyes and having a chuckle, respectively.

Anything Else You Want to Add:

I honestly don’t know if I’m really cut out for moderating, especially since I have no prior experience in moderating, but I’m willing to give it a shot. Learning by doing, and all that.

Also: Have a nice day.

• 1 month later...