[Denied] Sonicgotnuked mod app

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account: sonicgotnuked

Character Name(s): Nasser Antonov, Kalla-Ka'risco Cama, IOTA-ENGINEER, LIOA, and Janie Hall as my captain. The rest are just a bunch of meh characters. These are my most serious.

AI Name(s): I rarely play a borg named COSMOS

Preferred means of contact: Discord obviously

Timezone: -7 GMT

When are you on Aurora?: Whenever I have free time honestly.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Over a year.

How long have you played on Aurora: Almost a year

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I guess I know a decent amount.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Nope

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Three antag bans for shitty RP and a perm synth ban for law lawering. Both have been appealed.

Personality Best I can describe is shit posty inside the community circle of discord while also times I try to be serious on serious topics.

Why do you play SS13?: Because I find the game way too addictive to not put it down.

Why do you play on Aurora?: I just click a guess inside the weird status of the community where people outside will not understand the inner joking. No clue, I am just stuck with it.

What do moderators do?: Moderators help the staff team enforce roleplay standards and rules while also being understanding and reasonable towards other players of the community. They are expected to help the players, give chances with reason, warn people about what they are doing is wrong sometimes. They are expected to hand out punishment though, that is how life and the world around it works. People don't learn when they don't get a slap on the wrist and told what they did is wrong. This doesn't mean that people don't learn from a simple talk to, but a moderator should be able to evaluate if a simple talk would do or punishment would need to be placed onto said person. They are also expected to help the community and its players improve, help them fit in, show people around. When dealing with a serious issue, it is best to be professional towards the person ahelping and the person you are talking to. But of course this can change, things change all the time. The most important quality is common sense and the sense to allow things to bend within reason. A good moderator should learn from mistakes, be able to detect bias, step away for a little when angry.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: I think I reflected a decent chunk of this on the part above. Moderators on this server are expected to allow people to improve, teach them, give constructive criticism, and generally not be a hypocrite.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I see the influx of new players and I want to help nudge parts the wave to a positive path. I generally wish to help teach people the things I have learned over the past year. Yes, I believe that you don't need a high mighty blue name to do that, but it would be more direct.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I don't really want to be like, “This is how positive I am! Look at me! I am perfect!” I'll be honest. I become serious when needed, try to talk a little people and interact with any problems while I have a tendency to shit post on Discord that has shed me in a small amount of light of immaturity. I understand, I really do. I think I am able to detect if I have a biased view, step away when it is a little too much, and try to keep a friendly behavior. I think I am able to tell people and try to explain, knowing that they may not agree at the time, I didn't also and looking at it now, I am glad u got my bans because they did teach me a important lesson. Thanks Alb.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I can handle stress and anger decently well I believe. The best idea is to just step away and calm down before returning while reminding yourself that it is just a game.

Anything Else You Want to Add: I don't really have anything at this time, maybe I'll edit it later if I think of anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As we discussed the other day, it seems this time around we unfortunately need to deny it due to some of the circumstances. You made some really good progress during the trial and I abolutely hope and encourage you to re-apply if you're interested in doing so. I'm personally confident that you would make a great mod given a second shot, which we're definately open to in future.

As of now, application denied. Once again, please do re-apply if you're still interested in future.