[Accepted] Robinkhaliq's HoS Application

BYOND key:Robinkhaliq

Character names:Micheal Raymond, Abe Micheals, Clover Kiefer, Micheal Kano, Katelyn Rain, Sophia Murray.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:Just under a year.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:I want to try being a more important role and have more responsibility in rounds.

Why did you come to Aurora?:A friend showed me it and I loved the heavyrp atmosphere, having come from lowrp and mediumrp stations.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:Yes, multiple times.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:Roleplay is playing a character. You know their thoughts, responses and everything about them. They are not you, but you – essentially – are them. In conclusion, for me, roleplay is creating a story and developing characters with others.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: To organize what they are a head of and make sure that it all runs smoothly. To ensure that other players are doing their jobs to an adequate standard, and if not, to get them to step up their game and do their jobs.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:Whitelisted players have to stay in character, know the lore and roleplay well, setting an example for other players who might be newer to RP. Also, they need to be confident with the code and the systems of the game, able to keep the station running smoothly. I can uphold this by having a consistent character and guiding the rest of Security with anything they are confused about or don't know. Also, I'd do my best to answer any OOC questions from other players as well as I could.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Micheal Raymond

Character age:51

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):Micheal Raymond was born and raised on Biesel. His father was rich, providing for the whole family. Of course, no story can be so simple. The wealth came from gang activities and thievery. Eventually, Micheal Raymond’s father’s finger slipped… he shot an innocent man he was holding up – right in the lung. He turned himself in the moment he got word the man was dead. He couldn’t handle the guilt.

His family visited him, though Micheal’s mother could never look her husband in the face again, they visited. And every time, Micheal’s father would end the conversation with the same words. “Please don’t follow my example, boy.” And he didn’t. Micheal Raymond studied forensics and everything else he would need to bring people like his own father in. He grew up to become a detective, living in district 6 of Mendell city. Did it for a good while too. Then, when both of his parents had grown old and passed, he joined the military.

The Biesel National Guard. He did a lot of good there, fought off a lot of adversaries. Not alone, mind you. He had a squad – a squad he later came to command and order. Then one day he just wasn’t fast enough, too old, couldn’t shoot in time. He lost his left hand and his will to fight. Back to being a detective, he eventually got himself a prosthetic – cheap and unbranded but still functional. He once again took up arms during the Frost Invasion, older and past his prime now, but obviously his and others’ attempts to fight were futile. After that event, he returned to his job, now working the same job on the Aurora.

What do you like about this character?:He has a sense of justice and will fight for what he believes in. This does not always mean physically. He works on the security team on the Aurora because he believes Nanotrasen to be corrupt, and feels that is where he can do the most good (atleast that he is qualified for).

What do you dislike about this character?:He can be unfair and unforgiving at times, and doesn’t trust anybody. This means it’s hard for him to have friends – atleast real friends; this brings me to the point of his deceptive front, where a lot of his actions are just to make sure people will help him and give him information if he needs it.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:He is able to command others, as he did in the Biesel National Guard. Also, he knows the law and corporate regulations inside and out, having almost entirely memorized all intricacies, exceptions and rules of it. He can be firm and would not allow his department to slack off or do inadequate work, being sure to get them to fall in line.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:I do not think I am bad, but I definitely have room for improvement. I’d say 7.5 out of 10 because sometimes I can roleplay when I’m far too tired to think, sometimes doing some stupid things that don’t make sense for my character.

Extra notes:N/A

Nuuu, I can’t bear to see Raymond go. Seriously though, giving this a +1 as much as it pains me to know that this means that one of the only continuously good detectives I’m on with departs. Okay, a bit dramatic, I’ll be honest but still, Ray is a great detective and character in general. Haven’t had much time to actually RP with the character personally because shits going down. He follows his duties perfectly, respects the chain of command and is bloody good at his job. I can’t sing his praises enough. Hope to see him bossing petty officers around soon, good luck.