[Accepted] Hackie Mhan Unathi Application

BYOND Key:Hackie Mhan

Character Names:Anthony Radic, Bryce Faust

Species you are applying to play:Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):Dark Green (0,90,0)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:Yes

Please provide well-articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:Unathi players have a long heritage of good characters. Jackboot’s work on transforming argonian inserts into the most distinct species on the server is remarkable. In addition, I love Dune and having applied Feudal societies and antiquated belief systems in high sci-fi. They’re also the least-hugbox species, they’re a hierarchical society, and a lot of Unathi players try to play this out with the existence of Guwan and it adds to the stratified cyberpunk world displayed in the lore.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:In the shortest way possible, the Unathi are 600 years out of date in the Aurora world. The journey to modernization on Moghes had resulted in a shock being applied to Unathi society jumpstarting technology far ahead of their cultural development. What followed was nuclear genocide, social upheaval, and environmental annihilation. They’re a crestfallen species, desperately holding onto their traditions in an ever-changing world, lest they lose their identity; susceptible to the machinations of mega-corporations and expansionist empires.

Character Name:Duma Kuhwinla

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

On the year of the Great Spirit 2439, hellfire had licked the surface of Moghes spanning to each end of the Moghresian Sea. The conceit of Overlords and Nobility far exceeded their prudence and brought with them annihilation. The scarce few whom survived had fled and made the treacherous journey across the mountain range shielding what remained of civilization. Border cities such as To’ha’dat, Imas’hi, and Baandr had felt the brunt of refugees, squalid camps smothering them as a fountain of desperation. Those who would come for respite would find none, instead looking to the Izweki Stronghold, Skalamar, for refuge.

Duma had been born four months before the bombs fell. His past was irrelevant, whether the son of a commoner, or Hegeranzi, his name was now Kuhwinla. He had been lucky to have a roof over his head, most hatchlings orphans would’ve starved, or been dashed against the stones. Though the guild master Ioaza Kuhwinla would be considered Scroogelike from a modern perspective, her frugal and practical approach to raising her wards was necessity of the period. As soon as Duma could walk, he was noticeably smaller than the other wards, maybe a result of malnutrition, or fallout, it did not matter. Duma was aptly taught diligence, humility, and most importantly, obedience. However, as Duma became a teenager delinquency seemed to become an incessant trait, hampering his already shoestring education. His aptitude of displeasing Madame Ioza most assuredly was responsible for inflating his debt, which would quickly put an end to Duma’s schemes. Shouldered with an immense responsibility, little clout at home, Duma Kuhwinla would accept a contract with NanoTrasen as a Cargo Technician, and emigrate to Tau Ceti, wracked with uncertainty of the future.

What do you like about this character?Duma is an orphan with scant influence, or an education in a hierarchal society. Out of circumstances beyond his control he has an incredible debt which leaves him with little choice but to reluctantly travel beyond his home. The background really is conducive in allowing me to develop my skills and knowledge of society along with the character, who was isolated from the workings of the Guild and Nobility.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?If 5 is average, I’d give myself a 6/10

Notes:THE SKRELL ARE PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TO TURN THE FRICKING UNATHI GAY

I like the app because it's short and sweet whilst demonstrating a working understanding of Unathi lore. You've also honestly stated that whilst you're not 110% on said lore you'll be using this character as a vessel for further understanding which is great. Just for clarity though - this character is one of those new fangled orphan Guwan that paid the orphanage for a general clan name right? He has a debt to the orphanage which he's trying to work of because of this hence why he's having to sign up to NT?

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello,

You hit all the right beats with your Unathi character concept. In addition you're using the name Kuhwinla and following its character concepts nicely. In all you have a great character concept and good understanding of the lore and I will be glad to see Duma working off his debt on the station. Application accepted!