[Declined] Elyk21 Dionaea Whitelist Application

BYOND Key: Elyk21

Character Names: [*] Scott Peterson - Human

[*]Brook Wood - Human

[*]Kobelbot Mk. 1 - Cyborg

Species you are applying to play: Dionaea

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

I find the fact that they are multiple beings fascinating. I think it lends itself to the fact that they are slow. I'd like to challenge myself by thinking in terms of a collective, rather than as an individual.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

I like to take things slow, which is one of the aspects that draw me to this race. Their slow, measured nature is the way, in the real world, tend to take in life around me. I like to take my time, make sure that I get things done correctly rather than quickly. I think the best role play comes from drawing from personal experience, and this is a trait I am happy to have. Also, the multiple personalities within them make them slower because they have to take more time within each, individual mind to, collectively, come to a decision.

Character Name: Many Who See Below The Surface

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Below the Surface began as a small nymph as they all do. It was curious, and wanted to learn. It consumed it's weight, always seeming to want more. To grow more. While trying to pace itself, it's hunger for knowledge and growth became exponential, to the point that others shared this vision became one gestalt and formed into Many Who See Below The Surface. While they found them self to be in a peculiar state, once they had fully formed a humanoid state, they found it exhilarating. The freedom of movement. Talking. All of it was new to them, and they always seemed to want to no more. They explored for a time, but found them self back on the Aurora, their spawning ground, as something within it called to them. They wanted a chance to spread their message, the message their species had been carrying for as long as they had been, that it is better to come together as one than to stand apart and think individually.

What do you like about this character?

Dionaea have an interesting ideology and system of behavior. Instead of trying to go fast, go everywhere, they allow themselves the time to take things in. To absorb them, as it were. I think it will be quite fun to try out a few different roles for this character.I liked the idea that, somewhere out there, is the ultimate form of gestalt. The ultimate capacity for a Diona has no limit, so forming some kind of religion around growing more nymphs and adding to the collective is where I am at with this character. I think that chaplain would be best suited for this character as they would want to spread their "religion," their idea that as a collective more can be done than as a single entity.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I've played role playing games since I was an early teen. The way I find them interesting is that they allow you to express yourself in a safe, natural way. I've been playing on the station for awhile, trying to get myself accustomed to the game before I decided to request a whitelist.

Notes:

I am not One Who Sees. I never said I was. I thought it was clear before, but I will make it clear now. I was below the surface. I will change the name now so that the other player does not consider this theft, which was never my intention.

@Neinbox I've made some corrections to the post. Let me know if this will suffice.

Edited by Guest

This person is NOT One Who Sees, in spite of them linking this whitelist and claiming otherwise, I am One Who Sees the Nymph, there seems to be some confusion over this fact so I am posting here to clarify things, This player is NOT the nymph you may have seen in the game space called One Who Sees.

I am so sorry to of have let this slip for so long! I've been dealing with a bit of personal things such as a death in the family, but now that things have calmed down I'll doubletime it so it gets processed ASAP.

Cutting to the chase [mention]Elyk21[/mention], there are a few things that need to be addressed. Your story's a little choppy and feels a little hard to follow. On top of that, in the lore Dionae do not grow that way; the game creates exponential growth as a sort of quick bypass so players can immediately join a round as a Gestalt to play. The lore states that they only grow by merging, so feel free to add in more Nymps that grew with your Nymph as a cluster of sorts in addition to the other player's character.

Next is the actual OOC questions. Your answer in response to "what makes playing this species differently" was answered in an unsatisfactory way. You have stated only one aspect, and then proceeded to give your personal feelings about the answer you gave when you should have left it to the "why do you want to play this species" section. And keep in mind- you don't have to keep your answers to a mere paragraph long.

Now, the reason why the answer you gave for that particular secion was unsatisfactory was because it doesn't want what you feel about the species, but what you know about them. So far for fact checks, I have only seen two things that you mentioned, that they're slow and that they have different ideologies and behaviors, which aren't incorrect (however you could move the latter to the "how is this species different" section instead of it's current spot). But, you don't seem to voice much else in the way of your knowledge of the species. Try to expand on what you know such as how are their ideologies and behaviors different? Like I said, a paragraph is just a minimum for a reply, so feel free to splurge on adding more to wow me!

A minor thing about the story, I would like for you to explain to me what this Dionae is about; theit personality, what they like... etc. It should be explained a bit more in the next paragraph below.

There was another thing that I noticed that somewhat concerned me: The naming of the Nymphs you've provided. I won't spoonfeed you as that would be a bad idea, but I will point you in the right direction and tell you to re-read the lore. Next is one of your last answers to the question, "What do you like most about this character?" Having a character job-hop is a bad idea, so make sure that when you put them into an occupation, they stick there. Your character is relatively new to the world as a collective whole, so Civillian jobs would do just the thing. But beware, as a Dionae singulatity is seen as a threat as you should very well know.

When you're done with reviewing the lore, make sure to edit your application where needed, and post that you have done so with an @mention directed at me just in case it slips past me again. It shouldn't, but it helps. Again, I'm terribly sorry for the long wait. If it ever happens again, feel free to contact staff about it, or me directly. I don't mind at all! Hope to hear from you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, [mention]Elyk21[/mention] !

I see that you've updated your application, but unfortunately there's still a few things missing. Please re-read my previous post that I've made to you; specifically the third and fourth paragraph in my previous reply about your "what makes oplaying this species different"; you still state personal opinions on something that asks you about the lore.

As for the background, you have only provided a paragraph when two is required per formatting. It has definately improved however- sometimes less detail can be better- but requirements are requirements. It's scattered a little vaguely throughout the application, but from what i've gathered you've decided to keep them a Chaplain of sorts that preach symbiosis back on the Aurora from where it came after merging with other young, like-minded Nymphs. But there is something important missing; what made the Dionae decide to follow up this pursuit? How did it come about to thinking about how everyone should become symbiotic with one another and spread the word? What spurred this interest?

• 2 weeks later...